Windows 10: Windows are bugging me to update to 20H2, Can i stay in ver.1909 for the mean time?

Discus and support Windows are bugging me to update to 20H2, Can i stay in ver.1909 for the mean time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 is now spamming me messages asking me to update to 20H2, I'm currently using 1909. I'm scared to update because last year, i restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ammarbadhrul, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Windows are bugging me to update to 20H2, Can i stay in ver.1909 for the mean time?

Windows 10 is now spamming me messages asking me to update to 20H2, I'm currently using 1909.

I'm scared to update because last year, i restarted my laptop because of some problems, but then, BSOD loop happens.

Sent my laptop to get fixed, and ultimately they had to backup my files and reinstall windows entirely. They said it might be because of windows update, so the one they reinstalled is the 1909 ver.

But now, I'm in the middle of the semester in college, and if this problem reoccurs, it would be a disaster with all these online classes and assignments. Not to mention the covid situation, making going out of campus a bit of a hassle. I can't afford the time to get my lappy fixed if this problem reoccurs.

What should i do? What are the repercussions of staying in ver. 1909 for the meantime until i have time to deal with this?

submitted by /u/ammarbadhrul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ammarbadhrul, Apr 11, 2021

2. Updating Win 10 1909 to 20H2 directly, will there be any problems?

Hi, just got a new ssd installed, and my local vendor installed the 1809 version in my system. I updated the software to 1909 but there is no update for ver 2004 under Update and Security in settings. I couldn't find any update assistant of 2004, but the
    one for 20H2 is available. Is it fine if I directly upgrade to ver 20H2? Will there be any issue or should I upgrade to 2004?

TinishMaheshwari, Apr 11, 2021
  3. JudiCecee Win User
    problem updating from vers 1809 to 1909

I've tried updating my version of windows 10, a few times actually. Most recently I got error code 0x80070157 but I can't find any info on it and don't know why I'm having so much trouble. Another time I couldn't update because I had my updates set to
    auto and it wouldn't update because another update was in progress. It seems odd to me that an update for vers 1909 would process when I have 1809. I would think the first step would be to see if there was a match instead of waiting to the to say oh we're
    different I can't proceed. A kinda cart before the horse scenario. Anyway suggestions would be appreciated.

JudiCecee, Apr 11, 2021
  4. KCav45 Win User

Windows are bugging me to update to 20H2, Can i stay in ver.1909 for the mean time?

Windows Update Manager not updating

Available updates:
    · 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Win 10 ver. 20H2 (K8500080) Status: Down loading – 0 %
    · 2021-01 Update for Windows 10 ver. 20H2 (KB4023057) Statue: Pending install

If you were in this situation, what would you do to get the Update Manager to make these updates?
    • There is 43.8 GB available disk space.
    • Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool completed successfully
    • Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    What do you think is the cause of the problem?
    What steps should be taken to solve the problem?

KCav45, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows are bugging me to update to 20H2, Can i stay in ver.1909 for the mean time?

1. Windows are bugging me to update to 20H2, Can i stay in ver.1909 for the mean time? - Similar Threads - are bugging update

2. Windows 10 Impossible to update to ver 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Impossible to update to ver 20H2: Hi everyone and thank you in advance for the time spent.I am currently unable to update to the most recent win10 version a computerthe update succesfully downloads and installs itself, but when the computer restarts itself to deploy and finalize the update it displays...
  3. Windows 1909 can not upgrade to 20H2

Windows 1909 can not upgrade to 20H2: Windows 1909 can not upgrade to 20H2. Error: DebugSetupCrash Found qualifying memory dump during setup, but the debugger binaries were not found. Either examine the memory dump here: C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback\mnd5B4F.diagerr.mdmp...
  4. Windows Update: 1909 to 20H2

Windows Update: 1909 to 20H2: I have had Windows 1909 for a long time. I have waiting for windows 10 2004 but it never. Recently i downloaded windows 10 update assistant it says i can update windows 10 to 20H2. What should i do?...
  5. "Can 1909 be updated with 20H2"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Can 1909 be updated with 20H2": I have surfed the web and tried to get a definitive answer on Forums, but alas all the experts and geeks are unable to say YES or NO to this simple question. Even Microsoft cannot say YES or NO. Have we any Windows-wise members on here who can answer it ? If NO, then why not...
  6. Window 10 Ver. 20H2 Update issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Ver. 20H2 Update issue.: Dear Sir/Mam, I Sachin Pal, I update my Windows 10 to 20H2 Version but I am facing a new problem i.e. The brightness of the screen is constant unable to increase or decrease the brightness, the pop shows that the brightness is increasing or decreasing but physically it isn't...
  7. Can not update to windows 2004 from ver 1909.

Can not update to windows 2004 from ver 1909.: Hello. I seem to not be able to upgrade my windows due to an error, I have had tried reinstalling windows and removing everything from my pc during that process. However, I still face issues upgrading. Kindly look at the attatchment below for further understanding....
  8. Windows update to ver. 1909

Windows update to ver. 1909: [ATTACH]Is it safe if I click "download and install now"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-to-ver-1909/fb0480dd-bf24-4236-b35b-6b00ff68dff7
  9. Cant update to windows 10 vers 1909

Cant update to windows 10 vers 1909: I've tried several times myself before and now my PC keeps forcing trying to update to Windows 10 Version 1909 on me, all in all must have tried updating to version 1909 about 11 times now and all its ever done is stick just saying restarting for 1 hour 20 odd then goes to...
  10. NVme Drive MSART+Temp Bug in windows ver 1909?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVme Drive MSART+Temp Bug in windows ver 1909?: I have three nvme drives in my computer and i recently upgraded to windows 10 version 1909. everything was fine before that however after i upgraded i promptly noticed that my two nvme drives using the Microsoft driver are reporting temps of -459 degrees F, constantly. all...