Windows 10: Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode

Discus and support Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have one primary 1440p monitor connected via Displayport and two side 1080p monitors connected via HDMI. When the monitors wake up from power-saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mbambus, May 26, 2020.

1. Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode

I have one primary 1440p monitor connected via Displayport and two side 1080p monitors connected via HDMI. When the monitors wake up from power-saving mode, all windows that were on the primary monitor are moved to the one on the right. I tried software called Persistent Windows but that did not help. Is there any way to prevent this?

submitted by /u/mbambus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mbambus, May 26, 2020

2. Monitor goes power saving mode

Hello!

I have a LG Flatron E2210 monitor with two available inputs (VGA, DVI). When I bought the PC I used VGA as an input for my monitor, after sometime I decided to switch to DVI so i bought one and put it on my monitor, all of the sudden the monitor went to
    power saving mode while computer was still on an though I moved the mouse ore typed something into keyboard (thought that had entered power saving because it took me a while to change the cables) nothing happened and continued to stay like that. Restarted
    the PC several times, the same again. But VGA works perfectly.

I would appreciate anyone's help!

Thank you!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

ElionShabanaj, May 26, 2020
  3. blackwind Win User
    Why does my monitor keep erroneously exiting power save mode?

The internet is absolutely rife with people complaining that their monitors keep erroneously entering power save mode or that their monitors are stuck in power save mode, but if Google is any indication, I'm the first person on Earth to run into a monitor erroneously exiting power save mode.

Whenever my monitor goes into power save mode, for some reason, after a short, unpredictable period of time -- sometimes it's a few seconds, sometimes it's 20 minutes -- it just turns back on for no reason. It's not because I touched my keyboard, it's not because I touched my mouse, it's not because I'm really, really fat and just happened to make my desk shake enough to move the mouse while walking by like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park... it just does it on its own, and it doesn't make a lick of sense.

• I've tried another monitor and it did the same thing, so it's not the monitor
    • I've tried connecting the monitor via HDMI instead of DVI and it did the same thing, so it's not the connection
    • I've tried terminating all processes in Task Manager except those under the "Windows processes" header and it did the same thing, so it's not a misbehaving program
    • I've tried disabling "Allow this device to wake the computer" for all devices in Device Manager and it did the same thing, but I believe this setting only affects sleep mode
    • I've tried powercfg -waketimers, but there aren't any wake timers on this PC, and again, I believe that's only relevant to sleep mode

This is a problem I've had for as long as I can remember, but have never been able to solve. The obvious workaround, of course, is to just turn the monitor off by hand, but I've been getting into home automation recently and now need to find a proper solution. Any suggestions?

blackwind, May 26, 2020
  4. Cliffy-HC Win User

Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode

Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode

1. Windows are moved between monitors after power-saving mode - Similar Threads - are moved between

2. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  3. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Power Saving Mode: I am struggling with the monitoring going to power-saving mode as soon as I turn on my PC.I have been through every YT video fix cleaning the PC, changing the battery and cleaning the RAMS but this has made no difference. I have also tried different commands to try and reboot...
  4. Monitor Power Saving Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  6. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  7. Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered on status

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered on status: Programs are being moved between dual monitors based on the monitor's powered-up status. I keep a number of programs weather, diary, Outlook, etc. that only get cursory usage during the day on the #2 monitor. The main monitor #1 I like to keep my main programs Word, Excel,...
  8. Monitor going into power save mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor going into power save mode: I've been having a problem with my computer going into power save mode. Sometimes I can use the PC for hours and sometimes it will happen within minutes, it will give me a black screen on the monitor telling me it is about to go into power save mode. The PC is still running...
  9. Monitor goes into power saving mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes into power saving mode: Hello,i have a problem with my dell S2216H monitor.When i try to boot into windows when litle circle starts spinning my monitor goes into power saving mode and i cant get out of it. I tried to get ram and battery out and rub it but it didnt help,i also disabled power...
  10. What is the difference between balanced and power saving mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is the difference between balanced and power saving mode in Windows 10: Hi! For quite some time now I have been having some issues with my sound in Windows 10 desktop. After narrowing down the possibilities using drivers and installing various Hardware. I have come to the conclusion that it is a DPC issue. using DPC latency checker I've seen...