Windows 10: Windows are not brought in front when clicking on them

Discus and support Windows are not brought in front when clicking on them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For more than a year now I've had this problem where windows won't appear at front when I click on them in the task bar. In order to view a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoggorm, May 2, 2019.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Windows are not brought in front when clicking on them

For more than a year now I've had this problem where windows won't appear at front when I click on them in the task bar. In order to view a specific window (for example Chrome or Explorer) I have to minimize every window I have open and then click on the relevant window that I'd like to view. I guess you can only imagine how frustrating this is...

I see that some suggest to change the value of registry ForegroundLockTimeout to decimal. This has been tried without success...

Some suggest to turn of antivirus software and download updates. This has also been tried without luck...

:)

Hoggorm, May 2, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, May 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows are not brought in front when clicking on them - Similar Threads - are brought front

2. Hidden window is brought up when I click on the top of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden window is brought up when I click on the top of the screen?: I have an application in my case Notepad++ open full screen. Behind it I have Microsoft Edge open full screen. There are no spaces I should be able to click to bring up Microsoft Edge, yet clicking anywhere on top of the screen brings it into focus, above Notepad++. I have...
  3. Hidden window is brought up when I click on the top of the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden window is brought up when I click on the top of the screen?: I have an application in my case Notepad++ open full screen. Behind it I have Microsoft Edge open full screen. There are no spaces I should be able to click to bring up Microsoft Edge, yet clicking anywhere on top of the screen brings it into focus, above Notepad++. I have...
  4. Notifications disappear when I click on them windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications disappear when I click on them windows 10: Help!! I use an HP all-in-one with windows 10..ever since I can remember this has been happening. So it's not new and not due to an update so please don't tell me to troubleshoot updates Let's say I get a notification from my email..it pops up in the bottom right corner.. I...
  5. Notifications disappear when I click on them windows 10

Notifications disappear when I click on them windows 10: Help!! I use an HP all-in-one with windows 10..ever since I can remember this has been happening. So it's not new and not due to an update so please don't tell me to troubleshoot updates Let's say I get a notification from my email..it pops up in the bottom right corner.. I...
  6. Notifications disappear when I click on them windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  8. Notifications disappear when clicking on them

Notifications disappear when clicking on them: I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. After that, every time click on a notification in the Action Center, it just disappears, it never opens anything. I formatted my PC and made a clean installation of windows through USB, still the same problem. How to fix this?...
  9. Unable to open photos when i click on them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open photos when i click on them.: When i open the photos folder , I can see the photos and they do get opened. Even from the Quick access the photos open but when i click on any photo from any folder it open photos app but the photo is not visible . The screen goes grey but there is still minimize, close and...
  10. Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows do not show up correctly when clicking on them: Hi, I struggle quite hard trying to explain this issue, so the topic title may be a bit unclear but the problem is that when I have several programs open in the task bar clicking on one of them will not always push it up front on the screen... I can have iTunes, Explorer...