Windows 10: Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu

Discus and support Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem that sometimes on startup when I'm opening start menu I can see these numbers, I know that the first few numbers are date, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rimvisss, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Rimvisss Win User

Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu

Hello, I have a problem that sometimes on startup when I'm opening start menu I can see these numbers, I know that the first few numbers are date, but what are others? I covered some numbers, because I don't if its a confidential information or not.I reinstalled windows recently due to other problems but similar number was appearing before as it does now.Is this a problem that I should try and fix or I should ignore it?

:)

Rimvisss, Dec 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu

1. Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu - Similar Threads - are showing numbers

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  4. Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu: Hello, I have a problem that sometimes on startup when I'm opening start menu I can see these numbers, I know that the first few numbers are date, but what are others? I covered some numbers, because I don't if its a confidential information or not.I reinstalled windows...
  5. Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows are showing some numbers while opening start menu: Hello, I have a problem that sometimes on startup when I'm opening start menu I can see these numbers, I know that the first few numbers are date, but what are others? I covered some numbers, because I don't if its a confidential information or not.I reinstalled windows...
  6. Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]

Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]: Hi some of the app icons that I have are not showing up on the start menu when I search for them. Please see attached image. This is not happening for all apps but a couple of them: Spotify, Skype, Microsoft Edge. The app appears on the taskbar, but its not showing up on the...
  7. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  8. Green number on start menu Icons

Green number on start menu Icons: I have green numbers on my Start Menu icons. It jumps to different Icons anytime I open the Start Menu. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-number-on-start-menu-icons/9eb706ba-7ddf-4491-8dbf-294b3a4e7413
  9. Windows 10 start menu and some system apps are not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu and some system apps are not opening: I am using a pc along with windows 10 latest built.. suddenly start menu and some system apps are not opening. It's loading for half a second then back to previous position. I have tried some solutions but not fixed....
  10. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...