Windows 10: Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...

Discus and support Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - I have a Windows ARM Dev Key 2023 Volterra to which I connect using RDP over WiFi.I have enabled HyperV and have a Linux VM that runs fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobMSDN, Nov 25, 2022.

1. RobMSDN Win User

Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...

Hi - I have a Windows ARM Dev Key 2023 Volterra to which I connect using RDP over WiFi.I have enabled HyperV and have a Linux VM that runs fine. However, if I go into the HyperV Virtual switch manager and define an external network with default settings, then this badly affects the RDP session - just moving windows around progressively slows RDP performance until it hangs completely.It feels like the network cant keep up with RDP traffic after enabling the external network. Note that the problem occurs without needing to associate the external switch with a VM.I'm on the Windows Insider BETA

:)

RobMSDN, Nov 25, 2022

2. Virtual switch manager stuck at "applying changes"

Hi,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this article:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2a6663fa-11da-4d8c-a2b3-467c5fc0e170/hyperv-windows-10-cannot-create-virtual-switch?forum=win10itprovirt

For further questions, please create a new thread on this link:
    Microsoft TechNet

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Rafael Com, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators update and HyperV network issues

This morning, my PC was upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) but a new bug cropped up. I run multiple HyperV guests on the PC. After upgrading, the network performance on the Windows 10 "host" PC was horrible but the HyperV guests were working
    fine. Tried recreating the Virtual switch with the same results. When I deleted the Virtual Switch, the network performance of the Windows 10 host PC returned to normal. The NIC card in question is an Intel I211 - drivers are up to date. Fortunately, there
    is a second NIC in the PC so I pointed the virtual switch and HyperV guests at that NIC and told it not to use it as a management interface.

Has anyone run in to this issue?

Timothy Pittson, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...

HyperV - Virtual Switch - No Internet

I am using a Windows 7 machine with Hyper-V on my Surface Book. In order for the VM to get to the Internet, I create a Virtual Switch and assign the wireless adapter to it. This works and I can access the Internet with the VM. Once I reboot, however, the
    regular Surface Book NIC and the newly created Virtual Switch network adapter have trouble identifying the network and Internet access.

Windows 10 will actually state No Internet and when I check the Network and Sharing Center, I will most often see "Identifying Network...". It never does id the network. Windows 10 believes at this point that it is not connected to the Internet. Many new
    applications rely on this and won't function (Edge, Metro Skype, etc). Internet Explorer works fine.

Has anyone noticed this behavior? As soon as I removed the Virtual Switch and rebooted, Windows 10 is able to properly identify the network connection and Internet access. I have two Surface Book and they both show the same behavior. This may be a Windows
    10 problem and not Surface related at all. When I recreate the Virtual Switch everything will work fine until I reboot. I have reproduced this in a variety of different environments. I am pretty sure it is not anything external like a router.

If anyone with Hyper-V experience could chime in and let me know what works for them, I am all ears.

Michael_RB, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...

1. Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs... - Similar Threads - ARM Dev Kit

2. New Microsoft Dev kit 2023 random bsod, unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft Dev kit 2023 random bsod, unstable: Get random and frequest bsod. Happens not in 1 specific app, very random. This is the info of the latest dump, but previous dump mentionned edge crash, now fxppm.sysPlease help on thisDetails:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft...
  3. New Microsoft Dev kit 2023 random bsod, unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft Dev kit 2023 random bsod, unstable: Get random and frequest bsod. Happens not in 1 specific app, very random. This is the info of the latest dump, but previous dump mentionned edge crash, now fxppm.sysPlease help on thisDetails:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft...
  4. Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...: Hi - I have a Windows ARM Dev Key 2023 Volterra to which I connect using RDP over WiFi.I have enabled HyperV and have a Linux VM that runs fine. However, if I go into the HyperV Virtual switch manager and define an external network with default settings, then this badly...
  5. Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...: Hi - I have a Windows ARM Dev Key 2023 Volterra to which I connect using RDP over WiFi.I have enabled HyperV and have a Linux VM that runs fine. However, if I go into the HyperV Virtual switch manager and define an external network with default settings, then this badly...
  6. Windows ARM Dev Kit 2023; HyperV Virtual Switch Manager: Defining an external network hangs...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?: How will Windows 11 be supported in a HyperV Virtual machine with full TPM support hosted on a W11 Client? I mean full support of TPM. Not only Bitlocker but also storing other private keys in TPM....
  8. Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Switch External chokes bandwidth: I have two Dell computers, one Latitude work and other Inspiron home. I tried create a new Hyper V Virtual Switch External. The Latitude works fine but the Inspiron chokes the bandwidth to 1/10 th or even less. Both m/c s are on Windows Pro....
  9. HyperV Management issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HyperV Management issues: Suddenly, Hyper-V Manager is not showing any of my VMs. About my only option is "Connect to Server". When I try to connect to the service locally, I get a message saying to check theat the Virtual Machine Management Service is running. VMMS.exe appears to be running....
  10. Windows Mixed Reality dev kits shipping this month

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Mixed Reality dev kits shipping this month: At Microsoft, we are building Windows 10 to be the most complete platform across the broadest range of mixed reality devices and experiences. We believe that mixed reality can empower new waves of creativity and should be affordable and attainable for everyone. As we...