Windows 10: Windows as a media server with VM

Discus and support Windows as a media server with VM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I got an old Asus U46E with a i7-2620M and 8go ram (looking to update the ram) I'm using it a media player (mostly streming with emby and, netflix)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Membership89, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Windows as a media server with VM

Hi I got an old Asus U46E with a i7-2620M and 8go ram (looking to update the ram)

I'm using it a media player (mostly streming with emby and, netflix) with some google search.

For now i have an ubuntu with Pihole, the emby server, pivpn, and a bit more

Is there some stuff i can desactivate to up the performance ?

submitted by /u/Membership89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Membership89, Apr 11, 2020

2. media servers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. Have you tried to manually disconnect the Media Servers from Windows Explorer?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

We can try a few steps to manually disconnect the media servers from the list:

1. Press ‘Windows key + E’ on the keyboard to open ‘Windows Explorer.
    2. On the left hand side, click on ‘This PC’ to highlight.
    3. Select the ‘Media Server’.
    4. On top of the screen, on the ribbon, click on "Computer" tab.
    5. Click on ‘Access Media’ and then select the option ‘Disconnect from a media server’.

Further, request you to
    include a screenshot
    of that problem screen in your reply to guide you further.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Law-II Win User

Windows as a media server with VM

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows as a media server with VM

1. Windows as a media server with VM - Similar Threads - media server

2. Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...: My computer is a Dell XPS 9700 with 2 1TB SSDs installed. I've been copying video files from a "media server" Fetch STB successfully, but slowly, using both Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and recently Windows 11 Pro 22H2 using the following method:Open 2 separate folders; the...
  3. Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Pro 22H2: Video file copy from a Media Server to a local SSD drive stops with...: My computer is a Dell XPS 9700 with 2 1TB SSDs installed. I've been copying video files from a "media server" Fetch STB successfully, but slowly, using both Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and recently Windows 11 Pro 22H2 using the following method:Open 2 separate folders; the...
  4. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  5. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  6. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  7. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  8. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...: inside the window media player showing my deleted i cloud pictures and videos .i couldn't find the images source and cant delete as well.where those all file located and how to delete?Please help me to fix this....
  9. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...: inside the window media player showing my deleted i cloud pictures and videos .i couldn't find the images source and cant delete as well.where those all file located and how to delete?Please help me to fix this....
  10. how to delete all pictures from window media player DLNA Server folder located on network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing