Windows 10: Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch

Discus and support Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since I updated my main PC to windows 10 20H2 I need to enter 2fa to log me in. I got other computer but only this one ask it. The other PC got the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MMc03, Nov 11, 2020.

1. MMc03 Win User

Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch

Since I updated my main PC to windows 10 20H2 I need to enter 2fa to log me in. I got other computer but only this one ask it. The other PC got the password field and they log me in normally. My main PC I need to click on Connection. A popup appear I enter my password and my 2fa... Is there a way to return to a password field ?

:)

MMc03, Nov 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 asks for 2FA during login

Hello,

I have 2 laptops joined to Azure using my outlook.com email.

My outlook.com had 2FA setup, since updating to 20h2 one of the laptops started asking for 2FA during login, second laptop doesnt do that.

Has something changed in 20h2 in terms of login? I dont want to use 2FA when accessing my laptop as it takes much longer.

Is there any way to switch this Azure authentication off without removing laptop from Azure account?

Martin112(1), Nov 11, 2020
  3. Robert11 Win User
    eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch

Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch

1. Windows ask me 2fa to log me in after the 20H2 patch - Similar Threads - ask 2fa log

2. Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent: I'm trying to download a game from the microsoft store and it askes me to ask a parent if i can get it when im logged in as and administrator and the parent....
  3. Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Askes me to ask a parent to download when im logged in as the parent: I'm trying to download a game from the microsoft store and it askes me to ask a parent if i can get it when im logged in as and administrator and the parent....
  4. 2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA: I was going to sign in to Visual Studio 2019 with my Microsoft Account and then was prompted to use 2 Factor Auth. using the Authenticator App and I realized that it was not completely setup, meaning that Microsoft is asking for 2FA when I have not enabled mobile sign in. And...
  5. Windows 10 21H1 refuses to let me log in after upgrading from 20H2

Windows 10 21H1 refuses to let me log in after upgrading from 20H2: I decided to upgrade from build 20H2 to build 21H1 but Windows now won't let me log into any user accounts, not even my own Microsoft account. The setup forced me to select the "Nothing" option when upgrading and now there's no way of logging into any user accounts. There...
  6. Windows not letting me change my password after asking me to change it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not letting me change my password after asking me to change it: Okay, so recently I joined with an organization and they asked me to apply policy to my laptop which they told was necessary and do no harm and was dedicated towards encryption and security. After I finished setting up my laptop with a VM, I put it to sleep and went off. Now...
  7. Windows is asking me to activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is asking me to activate?: Hello, yesterday I got a brand new motherboard, cpu, and decided to start all over so Windows could be on an SSD. I already had the usb boot for it so once it was good to go I downloaded Windows and it didn't show anything for a day so I thought it was good. But I woke up...
  8. Windows keeps asking me to login. BUT I AM LOGGED IN !!!!!!

Windows keeps asking me to login. BUT I AM LOGGED IN !!!!!!: OK Time Lady (Whoever you are...), Here are answers to your questions; to elaborate: I have taken pictures of three messages I constantly receive and I described in my original message: (a) Bottom RHS corner of screen “Microsoft Account Problem” – picture 1 (b)...
  9. Windows asking me to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asking me to activate: Soo kind of a long story. I had windows 10 installed on my hard drive that was upgraded from the windows 7 that was originally installed on the hard drive from my years ago. I recently decided to get a new motherboard and with the old motherboard i put together a second pc...
  10. PC reset then It asked me to log in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC reset then It asked me to log in...: I can't seem to log in to my PC. I completely reset it deleting anything and everything, but after it restarted it asked me to log in with a username and password. I tried just entering nothing or putting my email then entering nothing for password and I've tried logging in...