Windows 10: Windows ask me to update the Graphic Driver, how do I fix it? Thanks a lot.

Discus and support Windows ask me to update the Graphic Driver, how do I fix it? Thanks a lot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 2/12/2020, 22:35:58 Machine name: ... Machine Id:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by allprogram, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Windows ask me to update the Graphic Driver, how do I fix it? Thanks a lot.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/12/2020, 22:35:58
    Machine name: ...
    Machine Id: {D606CF61-0E7C-4E47-A647-46FDD5263473}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202
    Language: English Regional Setting: English
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: TravelMate P446-M
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 05.04.40V1.12 type: BIOS
    Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8112MB RAM
    Page File: 3563MB used, 10557MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DirectX Database Version: Unknown
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

------------

Display Devices

---------------
    Card name: IntelR HD Graphics 5500
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: IntelR HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device POST
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_09471025&REV_09
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADEDDN_STARTEDDN_DISABLEABLEDN_NT_ENUMERATORDN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 4184 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
    Shared Memory: 4056 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 32 bit 60Hz
    HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red0.575195,0.334961, Green0.327148,0.580078, Blue0.157227,0.136719, White Point0.313477,0.329102
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: CMN1490
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768p 60.003Hz
    Output Type: Internal
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: Not Supported
    Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll
    Driver File Version: 20.19.0015.4703 English
    Driver Version: 20.19.15.4703
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.0
    Graphics Preemption: Triangle
    Compute Preemption: Thread group
    Miracast: Supported
    Detachable GPU: No

:)

allprogram, Feb 12, 2020

2. Constant issues with windows update .. suspected to be graphics driver problem.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed trying to fix the issue. Go to the Windows update installed and let us know which Windows update KB number is conflict to the issue.

• Type update on the windows search bar and select View installed update.

• Check for the KB number.
    You can also hide/block the Windows update, visit the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check. At first, I suggest you to install the graphic card driver and try installing the Windows update. Go to the below link and click on AUTO DETECT YOUR GPU. It
    will automatically detect the updated graphics card driver.

Drivers | GeForce

Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Graphics Driver for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you update Graphic card drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.
    If the issue still persist follow method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your graphic card and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

If no updated drivers available then try installing the available drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to please get in touch with our
    Xbox Support team through below link to resolve the issue:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Our Xbox support team will assist you better in this regard.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Windows ask me to update the Graphic Driver, how do I fix it? Thanks a lot.

Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows ask me to update the Graphic Driver, how do I fix it? Thanks a lot.

1. Windows ask me to update the Graphic Driver, how do I fix it? Thanks a lot. - Similar Threads - ask update Graphic

2. how do I download graphics drivers via windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I download graphics drivers via windows update?: Hello guys I've been constantly downloading updates from windows update the only update I haven't seen is the graphics driver, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-graphics-drivers-via-windows/498617f5-1673-42eb-ab0a-ac250c14a633
  3. how do I download graphics drivers via windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I download graphics drivers via windows update?: Hello guys I've been constantly downloading updates from windows update the only update I haven't seen is the graphics driver, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-graphics-drivers-via-windows/498617f5-1673-42eb-ab0a-ac250c14a633
  4. how do I download graphics drivers via windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix your drivers thanks: Realtek completely failing randomly. No sound in speakers or headphones, driver is up to date, troubleshoot, yes wow, all useless. Trillion dollar company, super competent you'd think they could get a single thing right. NOPE Haha, Caching! $u$...
  6. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix your drivers thanks: Realtek completely failing randomly. No sound in speakers or headphones, driver is up to date, troubleshoot, yes wow, all useless. Trillion dollar company, super competent you'd think they could get a single thing right. NOPE Haha, Caching! $u$...
  7. Fix your drivers thanks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I fix this graphical bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this graphical bug?: As you can see, the start menu appears empty when I type. This is something that happens to me sometimes and it is very annoying because I have to restart the PC to fix it. But I'm tired of restarting the PC and I would like to fix it permanently.I have the latest version of...
  9. help me to fix windows resolution by graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help me to fix windows resolution by graphic drivers: my pc don't have graphic card and i installed a windows 10 . problem is my resolution is not correct it needs to be 1600×900 but is 1080p .. i have installed microsoft common graphic driver but problem still there .. can you tell me which drivers i need to install to correct...
  10. How Do I Fix This? Thanks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Fix This? Thanks.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hentai_Trends [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3qgys/how_do_i_fix_this_thanks/