Windows 10: Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin

Discus and support Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I think the subject makes my problem clear, but if you don't understand somehow, here you go:Basically, I'm trying to connect a xbox controller to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuperM_YL, Oct 24, 2021.

1. SuperM_YL Win User

Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin

I think the subject makes my problem clear, but if you don't understand somehow, here you go:Basically, I'm trying to connect a xbox controller to my PC.I go to where you add a device via bluetooth, click Xbox Wireless Controller which is an input.And it asks me for a pin.How do I connect it if I don't know the pin?????????????????????This is on Windows 10 21H1 well, the upgrade to it was kind of brokenAlso I can connect my bluetooth headphones, but not an Xbox Wireless Controller somehow.I'm trying to use Xbox Cloud Gaming.

:)

SuperM_YL, Oct 24, 2021

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 24, 2021
  3. XBOX Wireless Controller - Enter the PIN for XBOX Wireless Controller

My XBOX Wireless controller was connecting fine over Bluetooth until 21/12/2017. But on 22/12/2017 when i tried to connect, it is presenting the screen asking to enter PIN. This was not the case earlier and i do not know which PIN to enter.

The Bluetooth drivers seems to be pretty much updated.

Please suggest on this issue as it is really irritating not able to connect my wireless controllers to Windows 10.

Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin cb8ee6e3-ca26-4e46-b575-9c1cca50b1c8.png

Naresh.Jmu, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin

Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

I already have:

• updated my windows 10 (3rd November 2017)
    • Reset the controller
    • Updated the bluetooth drivers (Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed ... )
    • Connected the controller with a USB cable (Microsoft XBox One Controllers works fine if wired)
    but the system ask for a PIN Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin :(

Any suggestion?

Thanks

M

MicArm0101, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin

1. Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin - Similar Threads - asking PIN xbox

2. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  3. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  4. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!

Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!: Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller! Yesterday I tried to connect my controller but it was asking again for a PIN. I bought my controller from other person so I can`t see the PIN of the controller which I think is in the box of the controller when you...
  6. Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller!: Windows requires PIN to connect my Xbox wireless controller! Yesterday I tried to connect my controller but it was asking again for a PIN. I bought my controller from other person so I can`t see the PIN of the controller which I think is in the box of the controller when you...
  7. Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin: I think the subject makes my problem clear, but if you don't understand somehow, here you go:Basically, I'm trying to connect a xbox controller to my PC.I go to where you add a device via bluetooth, click Xbox Wireless Controller which is an input.And it asks me for a pin.How...
  8. Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin

Windows asking for a PIN for an xbox wireless controller even though it doesnt have a pin: I think the subject makes my problem clear, but if you don't understand somehow, here you go:Basically, I'm trying to connect a xbox controller to my PC.I go to where you add a device via bluetooth, click Xbox Wireless Controller which is an input.And it asks me for a pin.How...
  9. PIN-код от xbox wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN-код от xbox wireless controller: [ATTACH]Столкнулся с данной проблемой, что делать? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B4-%D0%BE%D1%82-xbox-wireless/8f93ed17-0602-4cce-886b-61a9dcbece2a
  10. Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10: [ATTACH] While connecting a Wireless Xbox controller to a Windows 10 PC is fairly simple (either via USB cable or through Bluetooth), some users are reporting that their Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10. The steps are pretty [...] This post Wireless...