Windows 10: Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

Discus and support Windows asking for activate my genuine copy. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cristiano Bordin Lauffer, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page:

https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/
    Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation and automatically delete my genuine ticket even when I try to use the same method again, as for precaution I saved my Genuine ticket file. I called the support here in Brazil and the attendant verified that there was no key in my system. I explained the activation method I used and he did not even know what it is and still accused me of using an illegal method! For years I had my old windows 8, I do not even remember it's key number. And the attendant insists that the only way is to have a key, will I have to buy a new one? Is it possible?

:)

Cristiano Bordin Lauffer, Nov 16, 2018
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2018
  4. pivlit2 Win User

Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

Cannot activate genuine copy after clean install

A friend of mine, who is a computer illiterate older lady, asked me to fix her laptop that her son gave her. It was a disaster. I decided that instead of trying to clean the OS, I would upgrade it from Windows 7 (genuine) to Windows 10. The upgrade icon on the taskbar was present so I clicked on that to start the download. It spent days stuck on "starting download". Since that wasn't working, I looked up a tutorial on a Microsoft support page by a "Community Moderator". He laid out a step-by-step manual method that including using the Media Creation Tool and USB option. I did that. Now I can't get the copy to activate. The label underneath the laptop, where I'm assuming the Windows 7 key would be, is rubbed off. Every page that came up on my search talks about downgrading to 7. It was a clean install so I can't do that. I also tried activation over the phone.

Nowhere in the tutorial did it mention that you have to upgrade first then do the clean install. I can't downgrade to 7 and can't activate 10.

Can somebody please help out with this?

pivlit2, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows asking for activate my genuine copy.

1. Windows asking for activate my genuine copy. - Similar Threads - asking activate genuine

2. Windows 10 Activation is Genuine or Not ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation is Genuine or Not ?: I have installed Microsoft Windows 10 Professional & Activated through the OS inbuilt activation portal (System Properties). Just through an Internet dongle. After the activation, We have executed “slmgr /xpr” command and check what is the activation status. It was...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows: Hey Guys, Apologies for the long back story. So I purchased a used laptop from a guy, only to discover a non genuine version of windows 10 PRO on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 5755) that should have originally come with Window 10 HOME. So I quickly buy an OEM version of windows 10...
  4. Is my windows genuine?

Is my windows genuine?: In run when i enter slmgr.vbs /dli Only following term appears . Name description: RETAIL channel Partial product key: xxxxx license status: licensed Is my window genuine?...
  5. Activated window suddenly ask for Activation

Activated window suddenly ask for Activation: My window is register to a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, I updated my windows 10 Pro Education then after some days my window suddenly deactivated, now I got this massage "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the Internet,...
  6. MY WINDOWS IS ASKING IS SUDDENLY ASKING FOR ACTIVATION.

MY WINDOWS IS ASKING IS SUDDENLY ASKING FOR ACTIVATION.: WHTA IS THE THE PRODUCT KEY OF PRODUCT ID 00331-10000-00001-AA475 THE PRODUCT ID ENDS WITH T83GX. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-asking-is-suddenly-asking-for/0577d752-cfc1-4b64-aa0c-66c39f6e0f71"
  7. Windows not activating with a genuine key

Windows not activating with a genuine key: So my old setup died on me a couple of days ago. The board decided it was going to die in a spectacular fashion and took out my processor too. Luckily for me I had a spare board and chip so rebuilt the system yesterday. Obviously, because of the hardware change I had to...
  8. Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.

Windows 10 asking for activate my genuine copy.: Some time ago I made the activation of my Windows 10 through the "Genuine ticket" method, as described on this page: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/30/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-upgrade/ Now after a recent update my system started asking for activation...
  9. Windows copy not asking Outlook password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows copy not asking Outlook password: Hi. I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists me as an administrator, and Doesn't give me the option to switch to outlook account. I want to use my outlook account...
  10. Cannot activate genuine copy after clean install

Cannot activate genuine copy after clean install: A friend of mine, who is a computer illiterate older lady, asked me to fix her laptop that her son gave her. It was a disaster. I decided that instead of trying to clean the OS, I would upgrade it from Windows 7 (genuine) to Windows 10. The upgrade icon on the taskbar was...