Windows 10: Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update

Discus and support Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows 10 pro. i updated my window a lot of time from 1803 to 1909 but it never ask me for the activation key because i already have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ImranTahir2, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update

Hi,

I have a windows 10 pro. i updated my window a lot of time from 1803 to 1909 but it never ask me for the activation key because i already have geniune window installed in my laptop. but after the 2004 update it asks me for activation key. when i go in activation panel it shows blank and takes a lot off time for loading but it doesnot show anything. I already tried a lot of method from microsoft help center or from answer.microsoft.com but none of them was able to solve my problem. "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey"

i also write this command as well on my cmd. and my cmd shows 25 digits key to me as well but when i enter a original key shown by using the command it says that this key doesnt work on this copy of window i don't know what to do know plz help me.

:)

ImranTahir2, Oct 19, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Maban Win User
    windows 8 activation key

You can use a Windows key as many time as you want provided it's only on one computer at a time. If the automated activation fails, just call the number it provides. Six minutes later, you're activated again. If it asks you how many computers it's on, just say "one" and you're golden.

Maban, Oct 19, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

Nice turn of phrase, your reply is bull crap. Look at erixx reply, that is exactly why i was asking.

Did you even read my post??

"When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key" "Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?"

Ok I could do that, thx. No idea were to get a KMS key from though.

This ^ is exactly why I was asking.

Ok so if I do it without reinstalling, will it still just be activated after rebboting from the WMC install?

tigger, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update

1. Windows Asking for activation key after the 2004 update - Similar Threads - Asking activation key

2. Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update: For 2 years no issues and now unable to activate window 11 with Error 0XC004F213 . Troubleshooter unable to solve. And can't locate activation key which was in the packaging. I was able to find this: Software licensing service version: 100.22621.1555Name: WindowsR, Enterprise...
  3. Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update: For 2 years no issues and now unable to activate window 11 with Error 0XC004F213 . Troubleshooter unable to solve. And can't locate activation key which was in the packaging. I was able to find this: Software licensing service version: 100.22621.1555Name: WindowsR, Enterprise...
  4. Windows asking for activation after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  5. Windows asking for activation after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  6. Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?: I've had this windows 10 pro version a while (upgraded from Windows 8 pro years ago when they were doing promos for 10), but coupel days ago I've had a watermark on my main screen saying to activate windows and go to settings. I tried this and nothing worked. Is this the same...
  7. Windows and Office asking for activation after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows and Office asking for activation after update: Hey everyone! I'm having a weird problem I think. My desktop is asking me to "activate my windows 10" and my laptop is asking me to "activate my office". I'm not a computer wizard,tried to reach a friend for help but neither him knew to solve it. I have the same...
  8. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  9. Windows is Not Activated after update of windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is Not Activated after update of windows 10 2004: After The New Update My Windows is showing its not Activated but before the update it is fine and it is activated I don't know what to do it shows Error: 0x80004005 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. After updating to windows 10 from a genuine windows 7, it asks for an activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to windows 10 from a genuine windows 7, it asks for an activation key: As the title says, I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10, but now it's not activated and asking for a product/activation key. Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated....