Windows 10: windows asking for password

Discus and support windows asking for password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows updated on my dads computer. Not sure what version. He does not use a password it keeps asking for a password. How do I get around this. I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by acebl, Oct 26, 2020.

1. acebl Win User

windows asking for password

Windows updated on my dads computer. Not sure what version. He does not use a password it keeps asking for a password. How do I get around this. I only know enough to get myself in trouble

Thanks

:)

acebl, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 26, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 26, 2020
  4. windows asking for password

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

windows asking for password

1. windows asking for password - Similar Threads - asking password

2. Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Windows 10, Asking for a Password: I am cloning my old ssd to a much bigger new one. We are installing Windows and its asking for my account password. When I punched in my password, it said it was wrong. So I went to account.live.com and changed my password right there on the spot. Punched in my new password...
  3. Computer reset loop asking to put on password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer reset loop asking to put on password: My computer is stuck on a loop i updated windows And it is stuck on a screen telling me to put in my password not on the Windows home login but the page you go on when you reset or when errors happen help please...
  4. Windows keeps asking for new password for sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keeps asking for new password for sign in: My laptop keeps asking for new password. This is second time this week. I can sign in to live on my phone but not my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-asking-for-new-password-for-sign-in/775403ba-c5ff-4bce-a197-cb60ebb377cc
  5. Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead

Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead: My Windows 10 HP laptop is not taking my PIN anymore, all of a sudden. It's now asking for a password, and I already reset my account password, but that's not working. I have multiple school deadlines this weekend. I've tried resetting, going to Command Prompt, using all the...
  6. After a reinstallation of windows my PC asks for my Outlook password, which I don't want to use

in Windows 10 Customization
    After a reinstallation of windows my PC asks for my Outlook password, which I don't want to use: Hello, I just reinstalled windows to my PC. When I turn on the PC it asks for my Outlook password. I don't want to use that and I don't want to use a pin, face recognition, or any other login type other than a password login. I want the password to be unique and different...
  7. Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password?: So, I booted up my laptop like usual, but, I noticed it was taking a lot of time on the welcome/loading screen. It then went into the screen you would usually see when setting up Windows for the first time, so I clicked next, and it asked for my Microsoft account password, so...
  8. why windows 10 asking for password second time?

why windows 10 asking for password second time?: I have a new pc so I am trying to log in my Microsoft account first time... after accepting my password saying that you need to enter your valid password second time! I don't get it. I did change my password for outlook account and I can access my outlook from a web browser...
  9. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  10. second time, stuck in safe mode, airplane mode, asks for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    second time, stuck in safe mode, airplane mode, asks for password: I login with PIN, I went to change to AHCI from IDE, web says set to boot in safe minimal, now I cant login cause I quess it needs networkng on and its off. Last time I wiped and recloned drive. Is there anyway to fix this without doing that again, and how to get AHCI in...