Windows 10: WIndows asking for product code after reseting pc

Discus and support WIndows asking for product code after reseting pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a ssd I wasn't using and decided to put it on an older laptop to speed it up, Worked like a charm. Then I reset the pc which I've done before so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChristopherMagee, Mar 11, 2020.

1. WIndows asking for product code after reseting pc

I had a ssd I wasn't using and decided to put it on an older laptop to speed it up, Worked like a charm. Then I reset the pc which I've done before so it would be like a new laptop. Then after that I was asked for a product key, I bought windows years ago and its been on that ssd for years.

I don't know what to do

:)

ChristopherMagee, Mar 11, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 11, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 11, 2020
  4. newfellow Win User

WIndows asking for product code after reseting pc

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

WIndows asking for product code after reseting pc

1. WIndows asking for product code after reseting pc - Similar Threads - asking product code

2. Asked for account code after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asked for account code after factory reset: I performed a factory reset on a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 and then proceeded to sell it. However, when the person I sold it to tried to use it, he was given a username "defaultuser01" for which he was requested a code in the Command prompt. I am not aware of any...
  3. Asked for account code after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asked for account code after factory reset: I performed a factory reset on a laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 and then proceeded to sell it. However, when the person I sold it to tried to use it, he was given a username "defaultuser01" for which he was requested a code in the Command prompt. I am not aware of any...
  4. Asked for account code after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows asking for company login after reset

Windows asking for company login after reset: Hi, I purchased 3 Surface 2x laptop, 1 x pro 7 in a liquidation auction. They are only 3 months old. The 2 laptops I have managed to do a clean reset and are good to go. No company windows login information left.The suface pro I have clean reset including removal of all files...
  6. after windows updating its asking for product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    after windows updating its asking for product key: Hi This is Arun recently I updated my Windows 10 home to windows 10 home version 20h2 from my windows update its asking me for product keyplease help me out with this.Thanks & RegardsM. Arun Kumar...
  7. Cloned windows to new SSD and now it is asking for product code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloned windows to new SSD and now it is asking for product code: Morning fellas Recently I built myself a computer and used a HDD from my laptop However since I cloned that HDD on to a SSD, this morning it is asking for a product key Is it impossible to solve without buying another copy of windows? Has it recognized that it is...
  8. Resetting my PC and Windows Product Key

Resetting my PC and Windows Product Key: I was thinking of resetting my PC through the PC reset option on Windows 10, but I don't know if my windows product key will stay activated for windows if I reset it. Does anyone know if it removes my activation to windows when I reset it? I also don't know what my product...
  9. PC reset then It asked me to log in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC reset then It asked me to log in...: I can't seem to log in to my PC. I completely reset it deleting anything and everything, but after it restarted it asked me to log in with a username and password. I tried just entering nothing or putting my email then entering nothing for password and I've tried logging in...
  10. Windows asking for product key

Windows asking for product key: My windows 10 (which was installed already when I bought my PC) is now saying my product key needs to be updated. I managed to find out my product key, but when I inserted it in the according field, (change product key) it says it cant connect to my organization. What is...