Windows 10: Windows asking to Activate after upgrade...

Discus and support Windows asking to Activate after upgrade... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from OEM Windows 10 Home. The upgrade initially failed, but on reboot, indicate it's now Windows Enterprise. Now it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dburgett, Mar 4, 2021.

1. dburgett Win User

Windows asking to Activate after upgrade...

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from OEM Windows 10 Home. The upgrade initially failed, but on reboot, indicate it's now Windows Enterprise.

Now it's asking me to Activate Windows. When I , which it won't do. Troubleshooting Activation fails with error 0x80070005. My Pro order did *not* come with a product key. How can I activate Windows?

:)

dburgett, Mar 4, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 4, 2021
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows asking to Activate after upgrade... [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows asking to Activate after upgrade... - Similar Threads - asking Activate upgrade

2. Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽: I bought a used laptop a couple years ago with Win 10. Soon after I set it up with my login and network, it updated to Win 11. About a year ago, after an update, it started saying that I needed to activate Windows. I have recently purchased a Win 11 license that still did not...
  3. Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 asking to activate after upgrade from Win 11‽: I bought a used laptop a couple years ago with Win 10. Soon after I set it up with my login and network, it updated to Win 11. About a year ago, after an update, it started saying that I needed to activate Windows. I have recently purchased a Win 11 license that still did not...
  4. Windows asking for activation after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  5. Windows asking for activation after an update

Windows asking for activation after an update: My computer recently updated and since the update chrome stopped working on windows and none of the menus work, there is an activate windows watermark in the corner but windows was pre installed on the laptop when I purchased....
  6. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for activation after activation: Hi.Windows 10 Home activated but keep getting activation message.No option to troubleshoot or call MS activation support.Are there any solutions?Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 asking for activation after activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Asking to activate windows after already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking to activate windows after already activated: I originally bought a pc with windows 8.1 installed and the product key sticker on the side. I later upgraded to windows 10 for free. I upgraded this pc with a new motherboard some months ago. This week it asked me to active windows again, so I typed in the windows 8.1 key...
  10. Asking for Activations after free upgrade to WIndows 10 (from Win7 Pro)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking for Activations after free upgrade to WIndows 10 (from Win7 Pro): Hello. I got a computer a couple of years back and had Win7 pro installed. After a year or so I had saved up money to pretty build a new computer, and I reinstalled the OS on my new SSD. When Windows offered the free upgrade to Win10, I took it, because were there any...