Windows 10: Windows asking to be activated after most recent update

Discus and support Windows asking to be activated after most recent update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,My Recently updated a windows feature update the other day. the one that added the stupid weather thing to my taskbar. Now I have an overlay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Volensventus, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Windows asking to be activated after most recent update

Hello,My Recently updated a windows feature update the other day. the one that added the stupid weather thing to my taskbar. Now I have an overlay constantly telling me to activate windows. I have a legitimate copy of windows I've been using for years. I go to activation and I see this:I click troubleshoot and I get this garbage:No info at all. I can't manually re-enter valid product keys. Quite frankly I'm astonished in how sloppy this is. The previous major update broke my graphic driver making my primary monitor unusable till I reinstalled them fresh. And then they have the balls to make a

:)

Volensventus, Jun 21, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 21, 2021
  3. cl1001 Win User
    Child account - Recent Activity & Web Browsing issues not collected

I tried the suggested action, but still not seeing any recent activities listed.

cl1001, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Windows asking to be activated after most recent update

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows asking to be activated after most recent update

1. Windows asking to be activated after most recent update - Similar Threads - asking activated recent

2. Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update: For 2 years no issues and now unable to activate window 11 with Error 0XC004F213 . Troubleshooter unable to solve. And can't locate activation key which was in the packaging. I was able to find this: Software licensing service version: 100.22621.1555Name: WindowsR, Enterprise...
  3. Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently Asked for Windows Activation after update: For 2 years no issues and now unable to activate window 11 with Error 0XC004F213 . Troubleshooter unable to solve. And can't locate activation key which was in the packaging. I was able to find this: Software licensing service version: 100.22621.1555Name: WindowsR, Enterprise...
  4. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  5. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  6. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.: After the recent Update for windows 10 , my computer now says that I have to activate windows all of the sudden where I never had the issue for I have a legal version of windows 10. Please help me resolve this issue for I am not paying for another product key if I have the...
  8. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  9. windows deactivated after most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...
  10. windows won't activate after most recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows won't activate after most recent update: i got a brand new computer recently that came with windows 10. i had to reinstall it a few times because of issues i thought were related to the installation (plus the first attempt asked me for a key which i didn't have, the second one didn't). i didn't activate right away....