Windows 10: Windows asks me about every 12 hours to activate it

Discus and support Windows asks me about every 12 hours to activate it in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have activated this computer for two years now with a purchased license, it has always worked, for a week now once or twice a day I get the warning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sarti :, May 5, 2021.

1. Sarti : Win User

Windows asks me about every 12 hours to activate it

I have activated this computer for two years now with a purchased license, it has always worked, for a week now once or twice a day I get the warning at the bottom left which says to activate windows, when I open the settings I find this:if I search for that error on the internet, it only gives me results of failed updates, nothing about the activation of windows products.to temporarily solve the problem I have to re-enter my key and then for a few hours it is regularly activated, until the warning returns and I have to repeat the procedure, I have already started the scan of the pc sfc /scan

:)

Sarti :, May 5, 2021

2. Which lazy excuse for an analyst limited "active hours" to 12?

Hi,

The active hours setting can only be set up to 12 hours. You may send this as a feedback or a suggestion to get this adjusted on the next Windows updates. To begin sending in your feedback or suggestions, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Click the Windows button on your keyboard.

2. Type Feedback and then click on it.

3. It might ask you to sign in using your Microsoft account before you may begin sending in your feedback.

Please feel free to post other inquiries that you may have.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 5, 2021
  3. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, May 5, 2021
  4. Cabuj Win User

"Active hours can be set between 1 and 12 hours"?!

Those who are criticizing posters about being unhappy with Windows features seem to be misrepresenting a poster's intent. It appears that posters are simply expressing a belief that Microsoft should have designed
    the feature better--not that they do not understand that they are stuck with the software they bought and agreed to.

How could Active Hours be designed better?

• What's the current design? It looks like Microsoft believes it might take up to 12 hours to accomplish an update, so requests that the user specify a period including 12 hour of non-Active Use.

• But the biggest fear appears to be that the restart might happen during truly important work, not that the update might possibly still be going on when the user returns to work. Such would be unfortunate but could be worked around, especially if it is
      only a possibility. I have endured some long updates: "Do not turn off the power ..." but it has never taken 12 hours. I am a Win10-Home user.

• A Better Design: That Active Hours only govern when the system shall not be restarted. In this case, a period as long as 23 hours would be allowable. If it takes 12 hours to update, so be it--but there is
      no way to prevent that as long as it truly takes MS 12 hours (sometimes). This seems to give Microsoft as much flexibility and the user as much protection as the current design. For example, my desired Active Hours are 10am-3am (17 hours). If I set my AH
      to 4am-3am (23 hours) I get the same protection as now; and Microsoft can restart at 3am and take 12 hours if needed.

• But if Microsoft, even today, not do its restart at any arbitrary time within the non-Active Hours, but only at the beginning of it, it would have the same effect as the proposal, and its actions would be very
      predictable. Since users are complaining about unexpected restarts, it appears that Microsoft must be choosing an arbitrary point outside of Active Hours. Is it?

Cabuj, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows asks me about every 12 hours to activate it - Similar Threads - asks every hours

2. about windows 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about windows 12: when will be windows 12 be published ? thnaks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-windows-12/ff45dc17-3b69-4c77-90c5-13fa86339757
  3. about windows 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about windows 12: when will be windows 12 be published ? thnaks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-windows-12/ff45dc17-3b69-4c77-90c5-13fa86339757
  4. Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.: I've read and watched all kind of yt videos to try to figure this out. But nothing is working. If you can see, the option is not available for me. Does anyone have any advice?...
  5. Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.

Windows 11, won't let me change the hour format to 12 hours.: I've read and watched all kind of yt videos to try to figure this out. But nothing is working. If you can see, the option is not available for me. Does anyone have any advice?...
  6. Windows explorer crashed about every four hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer crashed about every four hours: I'm using windows 7 SP1. My system recently crashed about every 4 hours after i turn on. There will be error message showing windows explorer restarting and it becomes sluggy.The folders will be automatically closed after the crash. All other programs still work fine.I used...
  7. Windows explorer crashed about every four hours

Windows explorer crashed about every four hours: I'm using windows 7 SP1. My system recently crashed about every 4 hours after i turn on. There will be error message showing windows explorer restarting and it becomes sluggy.The folders will be automatically closed after the crash. All other programs still work fine.I used...
  8. Windows is asking me to activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is asking me to activate?: Hello, yesterday I got a brand new motherboard, cpu, and decided to start all over so Windows could be on an SSD. I already had the usb boot for it so once it was good to go I downloaded Windows and it didn't show anything for a day so I thought it was good. But I woke up...
  9. BSOD with restart about every 12 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with restart about every 12 hours: I am not sure what the root cause, but since about 2 weeks my computer (Intel I5-4590 with 8GB of DDR3 RAM) is having a BSOD about every 12 hours. Interesting is that the BSOD has changed a few days ago to a "PSOD" (pink screen of death :-) Looking into the error log I see...
  10. Windows asking me to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asking me to activate: Soo kind of a long story. I had windows 10 installed on my hard drive that was upgraded from the windows 7 that was originally installed on the hard drive from my years ago. I recently decided to get a new motherboard and with the old motherboard i put together a second pc...