Windows 10: Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!

Discus and support Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have KIS and it always running on, but I still get this notification maybe twice or more in a the day !! What's wrong ? [img] 157118 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hpbaxxter, May 26, 2020.

1. hpbaxxter Win User

Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!

Hello,
    I have KIS and it always running on, but I still get this notification maybe twice or more in a the day !!
    What's wrong ?

Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?! [​IMG]

:)

hpbaxxter, May 26, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 26, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus can't be turned on

So none of my suggestions in your first thread helped? Existing antivirus blocking Windows AV from updating. How to find the existing AV program?
    What program was listed when you went to Security and Maintenance, looked in 'Security' and under Virus Protection?

How about the suggestions in your second thread? Can't turn on windows defender anti virus

And since you have three threads on the same topic a moderator may
    opt to merge the threads to avoid further confusion and duplication of efforts by posters trying to help you resolve the issue.

Le Boule, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?! - Similar Threads - asks turn antivirus

2. Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus: Recently I have uninstalled an antivirus software and now when I am trying to turn on my windows defender antivirus it does not respond.What should I do ?...
  3. Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus: I just deleted an antivirus software from my computer, and am unable to enable windows defender antivirus.As you can see, there is no option to enable Microsoft defender antivirus....
  4. Can't turn on Windows Antivirus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on Windows Antivirus: [ATTACH] I hate 3rd party antivirus apps; they usually don't detect hidden malware in the first place. I recently got rid of Norton Security (which was pre installed on my PC) and Avast after testing it out with a few malware files (Avast and Comodo both claimed the files...
  5. personalization is turned off asking me to activate windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    personalization is turned off asking me to activate windows?: I have a Surface tablet, that I've been using for 3 years now iirc today, when I woke my surface up, my wallpaper, personalization settings, are gone, and Im told I need to activate windows 10 to be able to personalize. Everything was working fine yesterday morning,...
  6. Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!

Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!: Hello, I have KIS and it always running on, but I still get this notification more than twice in a the day !! What's wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-asks-me-to-turn-on-the-antivirus/9a86645c-ba8c-4b44-a0d1-a85650c42eb6
  7. Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.: I just got a notifications that says "Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off. " When I go into Virus & threat protection its says that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. Which is not possible cause its my pc at home which...
  8. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  9. Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903: My windows defender antivirus is turned off all other components are on. How do I turn on the virus protection? It says it's managed by my organization, but there is no organization. This is my home....
  10. Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall

Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall: I am using Bitdefender Total Security - it is up to date and working perfectly but I have a continuous message from windows security telling me to turn on virus protect and firewall. Is this a fault with the update KB4483235 on 21/12/2018 as this is when it started please...