Windows 10: Windows Asks to Run Scan

Discus and support Windows Asks to Run Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 in s mode. It keeps showing that a virus scan is needed but when doing the quick scan. It seems to never do it. I restart the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mj_952, Apr 14, 2020.

1. mj_952 Win User

Windows Asks to Run Scan

I am running windows 10 in s mode. It keeps showing that a virus scan is needed but when doing the quick scan. It seems to never do it. I restart the computer and it says everything is fine but then says a quick scan is needed. How do I resolve this

[Original Title: virius scan]

:)

mj_952, Apr 14, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 25, 2020
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, May 25, 2020
  4. Windows Asks to Run Scan

How do I get Windows Defender to run a daily scan?

Hi Bill,

To run the Windows Defender automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps on this link:

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Asks to Run Scan

1. Windows Asks to Run Scan - Similar Threads - Asks Run Scan

2. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me: sometimes when i try playing a video, or starting a program , video is slow even if I have good internet, programs appear to be extremely slow including task manager. so , i opened task manager and checked that there is no problem with startup items, everything is disabled....
  3. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me: sometimes when i try playing a video, or starting a program , video is slow even if I have good internet, programs appear to be extremely slow including task manager. so , i opened task manager and checked that there is no problem with startup items, everything is disabled....
  4. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Running WIndows security scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running WIndows security scan: Earlier today i ran a Windows and virus and threat protection scan. It removed one threat and said there were still 11 others. I have just run another scan and it has still found 11 threats. why isn't it doing anything about them ?...
  6. How to run Scan?

How to run Scan?: I need to run a security scan. How do I do that? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-run-scan/af85932c-bad8-4f5a-9e95-783045f83012
  7. DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS: If my computer enters sleep mode while either of the above are occurring, do they continue, or do they stop and then I have to either continue or start again when I open? (There is SO MUCH that I do not seem to know ... yet!)...
  8. Running Full Scan

Running Full Scan: I run Defender "full scan" every 3-4 days. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours and other times 9-10 hours. Should I run it more often? Or is this normal to run for such a long time? When done, there is somewhere between 700,000-800,000 items scanned....
  9. Windows Defender not running scans

Windows Defender not running scans: I wonder if anyone can identify why Windows Defender has suddenly, i.e. the last day or two, stopped running scans on my home PC? The product is up to date: [img] If I attempt to scan a folder of file, the screen above appears and sometimes the scan will run, but more...
  10. Can not run scan

Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick scan windows 10 taking forever