Windows 10: Windows asks to upgrade to Windows10Upgrade28088 but when I run the exe I am not allowed to...

Discus and support Windows asks to upgrade to Windows10Upgrade28088 but when I run the exe I am not allowed to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new PC with Windows 10. I get a message each time I launch it asking to upgrade before the 21st of november, otherwise no more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopheRaucq, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Windows asks to upgrade to Windows10Upgrade28088 but when I run the exe I am not allowed to...

Hi,

I just bought a new PC with Windows 10.

I get a message each time I launch it asking to upgrade before the 21st of november, otherwise no more Windows upgrade.

So I follow the link to download the upgrade.

When I run it, I get a pop-up saying that for Security and performance reasons, Windows only runs applications coming from Windows Store. So this Windows upgrade is not recognized and you ask me to install it.

What can I do because I really want to be automatically upgradred after the 21st of november.

Best regards,

Christophe

:)

ChristopheRaucq, Sep 15, 2019

2. Upgrade Problems

When I try to run the upgrade, I get the following message:

This helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly.

C:\Users\Geojet\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\Windows10Upgrade28088 (5).exe

Still want to run this unverified app?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

GeoJet_1307, Sep 15, 2019
  3. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows asks to upgrade to Windows10Upgrade28088 but when I run the exe I am not allowed to...

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows asks to upgrade to Windows10Upgrade28088 but when I run the exe I am not allowed to...

1. Windows asks to upgrade to Windows10Upgrade28088 but when I run the exe I am not allowed to... - Similar Threads - asks upgrade Windows10Upgrade28088

2. i am the administrator but windows 10 is not allowing me to run windows security manager as...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am the administrator but windows 10 is not allowing me to run windows security manager as...: i am the administrator but windows 10 is not allowing me to run windows security manager as administrator. I am able to run command prompt as admin. I looked at user accounts and I am admin.... When I type "Windows Security" in the task bar I do not see "run as administrator"...
  3. i am the administrator but windows 10 is not allowing me to run windows security manager as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am the administrator but windows 10 is not allowing me to run windows security manager as...: i am the administrator but windows 10 is not allowing me to run windows security manager as administrator. I am able to run command prompt as admin. I looked at user accounts and I am admin.... When I type "Windows Security" in the task bar I do not see "run as administrator"...
  4. i am the administrator but windows 10 is not allowing me to run windows security manager as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't run firefox on my PC, and am asked to request parental condition to run it, I am an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't run firefox on my PC, and am asked to request parental condition to run it, I am an...: When i run firefox the following window openswhich then gives an error when I try to ask permission.The DoB on my MS account 28/07/2003 indicates that I am an adult, and there is no-one except me in my microsoft family....
  6. I can't run firefox on my PC, and am asked to request parental condition to run it, I am an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't run firefox on my PC, and am asked to request parental condition to run it, I am an...: When i run firefox the following window openswhich then gives an error when I try to ask permission.The DoB on my MS account 28/07/2003 indicates that I am an adult, and there is no-one except me in my microsoft family....
  7. I can't run firefox on my PC, and am asked to request parental condition to run it, I am an...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. I am running W7, trying to upgrade to W10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am running W7, trying to upgrade to W10.: Split from this thread. Same issue here. And yes, I did buy a licence. But I never get to the point where I'm asked for the product key. I also get the same message at the end of the process: "The updates are installed but Windows 10 Setup needs to restart for them to...
  9. I can't run .exe files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  10. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows upgrade 28088

2. windows 10 upgrade 28088 failure

3. windows10upgrade28088

4. upgrade28088,
  5. windows 10 upgrade 28088,
  6. what does windowsupdate 28088 do,
  7. windows 10 28088,
  8. windows 28088,
  9. Windows10Upgrade28088 issue