Windows 10: Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen.

Discus and support Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello A costumer of mine recently asked me if there was a way to set up a couple of kiosk systems for his hotel so his residents could surf the web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kozmik21, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Kozmik21 Win User

Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen.

Hello

A costumer of mine recently asked me if there was a way to set up a couple of kiosk systems for his hotel so his residents could surf the web in the lobby. I did some research and stumbled upon the Assigned Access mode. First of all, I didn't find Microsoft Edge within the options. I called support, who just threw me around from agent to agent (probably because they wouldn't admit they didn't know), to then just frankly cut me off. By listening to them I clearly found they had no clue what so ever what I was talking about. Please fix your tech support in Belgium, Microsoft.

I finally found how to include Edge to the option myself.

(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/kiosk-single-app).

But there is another issue. Whenever I start the system with the profile that is restricted by the kiosk mode, it gets stuck at a bluescreen. I found that I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del to enter the profile succesfully. This isn't really a big issue. Once you know what to do.

But I presume that the customers at the hotel won't know what to do once there is a bluescreen sitting there.

Is there a way to solve this?

Regards

:)

Kozmik21, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 mobile stuck in assigned access mode

help me , my Windows 10 mobile stuck in assigned access mode

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in]

Ahmed_Hany70, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

I was hoping that by downloading the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store, that I would be able to use it to setup assigned access on a Windows 10 computer and display a powerpoint presentation. Our issues is, we need this to be a Kiosk that no-one can
    close out the presentation. Powerpoint allows you to turn most functions off, but you can still access the ease of access toolbar, and can also close the presentation out. When I go to assigned access though, Powerpoint Mobile does not appear in the list of
    Apps. I have downloaded other Supposed PowerPoint Presenters, but none of them show up in the list either.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this! I do not understand how to setup the Power Shell code to set this up, too technical for me. But I really need this as Kiosk computer. Any suggestion?

Drew Patterson, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Assigned Access gets stuck at bluescreen. - Similar Threads - Assigned Access gets

2. Bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen: Hi, recently my pc have some problems with bluescreen. It just happen after few weeks I updated to windows 10 version 1803. It not always happening but will stand higher chance to happen this scene when I on my pc for a long time (about 12 hours including sleep mode). When I...
  3. bluescreens

bluescreens: i downloaded the dm log colllecter but it didnt save anything to my desktop ive had several bosd system service exeception page fault in nonpaged arera unexpected store exception dpc watchdog violation critical structure corruption memory mangement iv only had this computer a...
  4. BlueScreen

BlueScreen: Hi, I am getting a BlueScreen error and it has made my windows experience worst! Following is the error I am getting: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0...
  5. windows stuck , getting devices ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows stuck , getting devices ready: hello , i'm using windows server 2012 R2 , i deploy WDS , i capture one imange , windows 10 professional , and upload to server , later , when I tried to install the image , after copy the files and reboot, it stuck on getting devices ready ! . i added the driver to the...
  6. Stuck on Getting Devices Ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Getting Devices Ready: Hello community Yesterday I got an update problem and I couldn't boot to windows. I mounted version 1803 of windows on USB and reinstalled windows 10 on my C drive by formatting it. After laptop restarted, It got stuck on getting devices ready 12% (Usb was plugged in that...
  7. How to get drive letter assigned automatically ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get drive letter assigned automatically ?: Every week I clone my SSD to two other SSDs; when I connect the first of those target SSDs, a drive letter is assigned, and so it shows in File Explorer, and cloning can proceed. The second target SSD appears in Disk Manager - where I can allocate a drive letter to it, and...
  8. BlueScreen

BlueScreen: Getting random blue screens i can't seem to find the solution its not hardware as i have tested them and i think it is software based. 38698
  9. Bluescreen on Windows 10

Bluescreen on Windows 10: Hello, I am experiencing BSODs for quite some time and I would appreciate your assistance. Currently I don't have many ideas about the cause and I will update the title of the post when I know more. Please find attached my log files. Regards Update: The logs I...
  10. Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet: I have a problem where sometimes a modifier will get 'stuck'. So the OS thinks that the alt, windows, control, or shift (or some combination thereof) is held down when it is not. This occurs seemingly at random, even when I have not pressed those buttons for some time. By...