Windows 10: Windows Attachement Manager and blob URLs in a browser

Discus and support Windows Attachement Manager and blob URLs in a browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I have the following problem: I create a blob file and save it in a browser calling URL.createObjectURL. I download the file from the URL... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexNbg72, Mar 5, 2021.

1. AlexNbg72 Win User

Windows Attachement Manager and blob URLs in a browser

Hi!

I have the following problem:

I create a blob file and save it in a browser calling URL.createObjectURL.

I download the file from the URL created

The file is always marked as "unsafe" so I have to unblock the file manually opening the properties dialog.

This happens in every browser I tried IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and the URL created is in the local intranet zone.

The same file downloaded directly from a server in the local intranet zone works perfect!

Why does the attachement manager treating browser blobs differtently?

Cheers

[moved from de-de]

:)

AlexNbg72, Mar 5, 2021
  2. OneMoar Win User

TPU 's useful browser extensions

Post your browser and any useful extensions
    there is my current daily browser load-out

Browser Chrome
    Extensions
    • Chrono Download manager
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...anager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn?hl=en

• Practical start-page
    Practical Startpage

• ublock Origin
    uBlock Origin

• tampermonkey script manager
    Tampermonkey
    • TamperMonkey Scripts
    youtube control center dev​YePpHa/YouTubeCenter
    anti-adblock killer​reek/anti-adblock-killer

OneMoar, Mar 5, 2021
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Windows Attachement Manager and blob URLs in a browser

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Attachement Manager and blob URLs in a browser

1. Windows Attachement Manager and blob URLs in a browser - Similar Threads - Attachement Manager blob

2. Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists: I've complained in the past about how Windows 11 eliminated the ability to pin a web page to the jump list for a browser on the taskbar. It's till not fixed if ever. Is there a way regedit? to accomplish this? I've gotten suggestions to use Edge, but they add each web page as...
  3. Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists: I've complained in the past about how Windows 11 eliminated the ability to pin a web page to the jump list for a browser on the taskbar. It's till not fixed if ever. Is there a way regedit? to accomplish this? I've gotten suggestions to use Edge, but they add each web page as...
  4. Attach icon to url for mass deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attach icon to url for mass deployment: Hi ,I can attach an icon to a url but when copy over to multiple location , the icon does not follow the url shortcut. Is there any solution to have icon follow the url shortcut ?...
  5. Attach icon to url for mass deployment

Attach icon to url for mass deployment: Hi ,I can attach an icon to a url but when copy over to multiple location , the icon does not follow the url shortcut. Is there any solution to have icon follow the url shortcut ?...
  6. Attach icon to url for mass deployment

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs

Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs: I very recently upgraded from W7 to W10. I still have Windows Live Mail as my mail application. I also recently tried to save several PDF attachments from an email to a folder on an internal RAID 1 array. For some reason when I attempt to open those files whose icons show...
  8. How to Manage Attachments in this Forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Manage Attachments in this Forum?: To my posts on this forum, I can add or insert attachment files. I have inserted several attachments , mainly screenshot images, this way. When I click on the paperclip icon, the Manage Attachments pop-up Window opens. Only then, I get all my old thumbnails, belonging to...
  9. URL truncated in email attachment

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL truncated in email attachment: How can I get an email attachment to open in a new tab if the URL is truncated??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/url-truncated-in-email-attachment/1ed860fd-eadc-434e-a485-8a0c2cdf34b1
  10. .url file extension associated with "Internet Browser"

in Browsers and Email
    .url file extension associated with "Internet Browser": When I click on a file with a ".url" extension I get a box pop open that says: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..." When I go into "Choose default apps by file extension" I find that files with a ".url" extension are...