Windows 10: Windows attack can steal your logged-in username and password

Discus and support Windows attack can steal your logged-in username and password in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A previously-disclosed flaw in Windows can allow an attacker to steal usernames and passwords of any signed-in user -- simply by tricking a user into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows attack can steal your logged-in username and password

Read more: Windows attack can steal your logged-in username and password | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Aug 1, 2016
  2. Char_2934 Win User

I want to link through my publications my website and when I use the link this error comes up. What do I do?

Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from **URL removed** (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Char_2934, Aug 1, 2016
  3. raduata Win User
    Help: N8 - wi-fi security

No, I am not trying to steal internet from neighbors. If you cannot contribute towards a solution please don't post.

I can connect to my home network that only requires a password with no problem. I'm trying to access the Wi-fi on my university's campus. We can log into it using student numbers as usernames and then we each have a different password.

My friends using iPhones and Android phones are connecting with no problems.

The issue is that I don't know how to set Wi-fi settings to input a username along with the password.

raduata, Aug 1, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

Will this be fixed in the anniversary update? Edit: Chrome and Firefox not infected. So no worries here*Wink

prikker, Aug 1, 2016
  5. I'm really not sure why a 20 year old hack was not fixed in a brand new operating system.

Layback Bear, Aug 1, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Does make one wonder. 20 years and no fix.

Winuser, Aug 2, 2016
  7. dmex Win User
    Isn't this why you can just disable the "Integrated Windows Authentication" option...??

Integrated Windows Authentication IEInternals

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Open Internet Properties
    3. Select Advanced tab
    4. Untick "Integrated Windows Authentication"
    5. Click Apply.

Windows attack can steal your logged-in username and password [​IMG]

dmex, Aug 2, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

Thanks Dmex for this tip. Problem is, that this comes enabled by default. How many user will know about this?

AndreTen, Aug 4, 2016
  9. Borg 386 Win User
    Microsoft won't fix Windows flaw that lets hackers steal your username and password

Microsoft won't fix Windows flaw that lets hackers steal your username and password | ZDNet

Borg 386, Aug 4, 2016
  10. zooburner Win User
    So much for windows 10 being secure, not only have they not fixed the issue, that allows a site to steal all your log on information to all your windows devices, but they have created a new additional vulnerable browser that allows it. !!

zooburner, Aug 4, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    I don't get it. 20 years and a new browser later and still no fix. To me It's helps confirm why I do not want MS collecting any data about me.

Winuser, Aug 5, 2016
  12. When some people suggested that using an online login was a risk, "fan boys" shouted abuse at them.

LMAO now. *Biggrin

Indeed.

Just for completeness, this also applies to other corporations (e.g. Adobe, Apple, Google, Sony, etc.).

lehnerus2000, Aug 5, 2016
  13. Kaiser23k Win User

I'm not very smart about these things, but will disabling this have any negative effects on my computer?

Kaiser23k, Aug 5, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
  15. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows attack can steal your logged-in username and password - Similar Threads - attack steal logged

2. logged in username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    logged in username: Can I display username as a background in windows, to know if a screenshot is leaked from which user was logged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logged-in-username/8cddfef8-0ec6-43be-844d-53ed067c96de
  3. logged in username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logged in username: Can I display username as a background in windows, to know if a screenshot is leaked from which user was logged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logged-in-username/8cddfef8-0ec6-43be-844d-53ed067c96de
  4. logged in username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  6. Your connection isn't private Attackers might be trying to steal your

in Browsers and Email
    Your connection isn't private Attackers might be trying to steal your: Laptop just finished installing the latest cumulative update KB4598242 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.746 and v20H2 19042.746 I am getting this error when trying to connect to Torrenting.com and NZBPlanet.com I am using MS Edge Browser and have never had this problem...
  7. Your connection isn't private Attackers might be trying to steal your

in Windows 10 Support
    Your connection isn't private Attackers might be trying to steal your: Laptop just finished installing the latest cumulative update KB4598242 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.746 and v20H2 19042.746 I am getting this error when trying to connect to Torrenting.com and NZBPlanet.com I am using MS Edge Browser and have never had this problem...
  8. Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect": This day morning i tried to login a microsoft account into my laptop but its the same with the one i`m using same account but one login using email and one login using phone number to change my account type . When i finished the job i want to do , i want to change back my...
  9. "Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password"

"Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password": Wouldn't that be lovely. To have a Microsoft username and password. One that worked with everything Microcoft, a universal passport to all Microsoft services. Instead, we are stuck with at least two. An Azure and a Windows, never the Twain shall meet, distinct and...
  10. Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Attackers can Steal Windows Credentials using Google Chrome: Attacks that leak authentication credentials using the SMB file sharing protocol on Windows OS are an ever-present issue, exploited in various ways but usually limited to local area networks. One of the rare research involving attacks over the internet was recently presented...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attackers steal usernames and passwords by drive by