Windows 10: Windows attempting to delete contents of HDD upon boot

Discus and support Windows attempting to delete contents of HDD upon boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning all, I've had this issue on two different machines now, both Dell one Latitude E5430 and the other a Latitude E7270 upon sign in i get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iptsoe, May 23, 2019.

1. iptsoe Win User

Windows attempting to delete contents of HDD upon boot

Morning all,

I've had this issue on two different machines now, both Dell one Latitude E5430 and the other a Latitude E7270

upon sign in i get a folder access denied box, requesting permission to delete files. If you press continue, there is a prompt for the UAC requesting permission for the Alps pointing device, from there it then brings up the calculating results window which is calculating the amount of data to be delete from the This PC location as though it is looking to delete all data from the drive. Can anybody shed any light?

Both machines are 10 Pro with Bitdefender

:)

iptsoe, May 23, 2019

2. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, May 23, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, May 23, 2019
  4. gygabite Win User

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows attempting to delete contents of HDD upon boot - Similar Threads - attempting delete contents

2. Bluescreen upon booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen upon booting: I receive a bluescreen before windows 11 can load, was able to get in via safe mode with network. Where do I go from there? Could not uninstall programs or check drivers in device manager...
  3. Bluescreen upon booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen upon booting: I receive a bluescreen before windows 11 can load, was able to get in via safe mode with network. Where do I go from there? Could not uninstall programs or check drivers in device manager...
  4. Is it possible to install Windows 10 without deleting the contents of an used HDD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it possible to install Windows 10 without deleting the contents of an used HDD?: My pc is really slow at the moment so I thought it could be a virus of some sort. Then I've noticed that my main hdd has the Reallocated Sectors Count issue and that it's on a critical level.I do have another hdd which has my games installed and other stuff. So, I've copied...
  5. Deleted Content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Content: This Discussion got deleted! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-content/51ba5d35-5b76-4682-b94e-07582985c18a
  6. Windows attempting repairs upon startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows attempting repairs upon startup: I’m really worried I’m going to lose my data. I have a lot of projects that I was planning to back up to an external hard drive this weekend and I’m really worried that I’m going to lose them. It displayed a message saying that I might lose personal data. Does anyone have...
  7. error while attempting to boot from external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error while attempting to boot from external HDD: Hello I've cloned my drive to a HDD and get the stopcode INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE_ when I try to boot from the external hdd. I've disconnected all other devices, updated bios, and changed boot priority to try and fix the problem. Both drives are GPT. I've seen some people...
  8. [Content Deleted]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Content Deleted]: [Deleted] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/content-deleted/22fa2081-21ba-4c24-9674-ffcd2a609457
  9. Permission Denied when attempting to delete the contents of a folder from "Bash on Ubuntu...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permission Denied when attempting to delete the contents of a folder from "Bash on Ubuntu...: sudo rm -r ~/www.gegnet.com.br/~noc/pub/datacom/Logs rm: cannot remove 'Logs/nova/index.html?C=S;O=A': Permission denied rm: cannot remove 'Logs/nova/miner_1-1_192-168-0-20_2019-05-24_18-53-45.tar.gz': Permission denied In an elavated (admin) powershell I enter wsl -u...
  10. Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted windows boot manager along with cleaning the old hdd: Hello all, My windows is not booting the m.2 ssd. I bought a new laptop with a hdd. Bought m.2 850 evo ssd and installed it. Installed windows 10 on it without removing the hdd. It was loading fine but i noticed that the boot loads the previous hdd before...