Windows 10: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts...

Discus and support Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem began after I upgraded my ram, I added an extra 16 gigs to the 8 gig that I already had, and then I started encountering problems with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ICouldBeSleepingRightNow, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts...

This problem began after I upgraded my ram, I added an extra 16 gigs to the 8 gig that I already had, and then I started encountering problems with "not enough memory." I started monitoring Task manager to see what process was taking up all that memory and I noticed that after starting or sometimes only after closing a game, or sometimes just listening to youtube for an extended period of time, a process called "Windows Audio Device Graph Iso... " was starting to use 10%, 20%, 30%, up to 60 or 70% of my computer's total ram AFTER I added the extra 16 gigs.
    I have seen solutions offered for high CPU usage that is not what I'm asking about; I have seen solutions involving poor audio performance, this is not the issue, my issue is high memory usage that causes applications to crash and quickly scales up to cause my monitor to go all black with only my cursor visible; I have seen some solutions that involve going into the properties of the audio device, but I couldn't follow the steps because some of the necessary menu items simply didn't exist. I am using a Razer Kraken Tournament Edition headset, I typically use the "Speakers THX Spatial - Synapse" output device option. I have updated Razer Synapse, and I do not believe it to be the problem; I am using AMD Radeon's driver software but I have updated it and I do not believe it to be the problem.

:)

ICouldBeSleepingRightNow, Jun 7, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows audio device graph isolation problem

Hello,

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is an official part of Windows and serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles the audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. If you are using any enhancements, we suggest that you disable them and
    see if the sounds stops. You may disable your enhancements by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Volume icon in the Taskbar.
    • Click Sounds.
    • From the Sound window, click the Playback tab, then select the device that you suspect is causing the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
    • Click OK.

David Haz, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Audio Device Graph Isolation is eating ram in Windows 10

I much appreciate the input. However, I'm not having a sound, speaker, or

microphone problem. The Audio Device Graph Isolation process seems to chew up memory intermittently. This drives up the System process and then

the PC slows down or stutters while paging a document. If I briefly end the

Audio Device Graph Isolation task, the memory usage lowers and correspondingly the System process lowers too. Zig-Zag's suggestions reflect

audio that isn't working or that is improperly working. My audio is working just fine. The process that gives me that audio just seems to hog available memory.

Frankly, I've noted people discussing Audio Device Graph Isolation doing this

from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Although some discuss affects on CPU and Disk activity as well. However, I'm solely affected by large chunks of memory

being used.

Anyway, Zig-Zag suggested providing Hardware Ids and installed driver.

As of 10/05/2015, Windows 10 thinks I have the most current driver available.

Sound Device Name: IDT High Definition CODEC

Hardware IDS:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1965&REV_1003

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1965

Current Sound Driver Version: 6.10.6491.0

PC: HP Envy Laptop upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

Thanks For the consideration.

Sludgepuppy, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts...

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation stopped working

For weird reasons, audiodg.exe keeps stopped working. Could not find out as why it happened. I'm having a hard freeze issue also when gaming, and after a hard reset back to desktop and checked the reliability monitor, seemed that when I hard freeze, audiodg.exe stopped working. Not entirely sure whether it's related or not because there were some minority instances where audiodg crashed but the pc did not hard freeze based on reliability monitor.

Everything was ok until it hard freeze, when it freezes. There is no audio at all, there was image from the last moment, no response from mouse and keyboard including caps and num lock. The fan was still spinning though. Is this a sign of audio hardware failure? or faulty audio hardware?

Can audiodg crash really hard freeze my laptop? I'd checked online for solutions but all of them are related to no sound when audiodg crashes. And everytime it's the same fault module name...

Things I'd done so far:
    chkdsk, DISM scanhealth, sfc/scannow, reinstalled audio drivers, updated all drivers....
    RMA the new laptop 3 times for motherboard replacement twice, internel DC-cable and wireless card replacement plus full formatting, reinstalled windows and all sorts of test, including benchmark and stress test in order to fix the freezing issue but still can't fix it.

I do not want to sent it back for RMA again because I believed they can't identify the problem and address the issue properly. And everytime I'll have to reinstall everything from scratch...plus unable to use my laptop. Been in the service centre for 2 months plus and barely have a chance to use the laptop. Asus refused to replace it for me also....Really appreciate any help cause I'd no one else to turn to.

ASUS FX504GM
    i7-8750H 2.20Ghz
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB RAM

This is the technical details text file: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation.txt

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts... [​IMG]

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts... [​IMG]

IAmNotThe1, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts...

1. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation/Audiodg randomly starts eating up ridiculous amounts... - Similar Threads - Audio Device Graph

2. Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10: Hi, i need helpSo i was checking my task manager and i saw a program named Audio device graph isolation, and it is eating a lot of memory is there a solution? windows 10...
  3. Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10: Hi, i need helpSo i was checking my task manager and i saw a program named Audio device graph isolation, and it is eating a lot of memory is there a solution? windows 10...
  4. Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Eating Up memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Eating Up memory: The process on my windows 10 computer "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" is eating up obscene amounts of memory, I have uninstalled skype, virus scanned and reinstalled my drivers. I have nothing plugged in i.e headphones and still it uses up tons of memory. I need help...
  6. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Source Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Summary Stopped working Date ‎04-‎May-‎20 5:28 PM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: AUDIODG.EXE...
  7. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Hi everyone. I am wondering if the amount of RAM consumed by the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is normal; it was consuming 250MB when I took the screenshot (link below). Google says that this process should not consume huge amounts of system resources. So how can I fix...
  8. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The process is using around 4,800 to 5,000 MB. (5,400MB at the moment) Is this usual? It is my biggest user of memory. Chrome comes in at only ~419MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-device-graph-isolation/4a908511-e8a4-44a5-9e2c-68b9d1e7ce6c
  9. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The last month or so, my Windows Audion Device Graph Isolation consistently takes up between 20%-70% of my RAM at any given time, even when I'm not playing audio. I know that this shouldn't even be the case when I'm playing audio. The other methods listed in other community...
  10. Windows audio device graph isolation

Windows audio device graph isolation: I have the same issue several others have reported, that Windows audio device graph isolation is eating CPU. As recommended, I have performed virus scans several times, reloaded drivers, and nothing has helped. The enhancements window for Speakers/Headphone Properties...