Windows 10: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation - cannot kill this thing!

Discus and support Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation - cannot kill this thing! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I just recently bought a new HP Spectre X360 laptop, fully loaded, with Win10. I'm very frustrated as the Windows Audio Device Graph... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BradKoerner, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation - cannot kill this thing!

Hi all,

I just recently bought a new HP Spectre X360 laptop, fully loaded, with Win10.

I'm very frustrated as the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation process continually starts up and consumes 25% of my CPU (Core i7!). I read many help pages that suggest:

1. To turn off any audio enhancements (which I did)

2. Delete and reload the audio driver (did this twice for the Realtek driver)

3. Scan for viruses (did it...what a surprise, no viruses on a brand new machine).

I also disabled a process called "HD Audio Background Process" from Startup (which seems to have made no difference).

Sometimes the process does not start immediately on startup. It seems to start anytime I use Chrome and/or Youtube. But it never stops once started until I kill the process..

The Audio Device Graph Isolation process continues to rear its ugly head. I'm at my wits end that a very expensive high-spec laptop is crippled by something as old and trivial as an audio driver issue???

I've gotten no help from the HP forums.

Any ideas? I have a week left before my 30 days runs out that I can simply return the whole laptop.

Thanks,

Brad

:)

BradKoerner, Nov 23, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows audio device graph isolation problem

Hello,

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is an official part of Windows and serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles the audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. If you are using any enhancements, we suggest that you disable them and
    see if the sounds stops. You may disable your enhancements by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Volume icon in the Taskbar.
    • Click Sounds.
    • From the Sound window, click the Playback tab, then select the device that you suspect is causing the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
    • Click OK.

David Haz, Nov 23, 2018
  3. MikeG_13 Win User
    Freecell and windows audio device graph isolation problems

I have been having numerous troubles with "windows audio device graph isolation" suddenly spiking and taking up over 20% of my CPU. I have checked all the boxes and turned off all the enhanced audio options that Google has suggested. It has been a relatively
    good process lately, but today I may have found a culprit that is irritating the process. As soon as I run "Freecell Collection Free" (don't judge me) in Windows 10 the laptop begins whirring and the audio is garbled. Lo and behold the windows audio device
    graph isolation is spiking again. As soon as I close Freecell everything returns to normal.

Any ideas what is causing this? Any way to stop it? And don't suggest that I not play Freecell during work or my work productivity will drop. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

MikeG_13, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation - cannot kill this thing!

audiodg.exe Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Can anyone help with my CPU running at 100%. I have figured out it is Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation, but have no idea how to make it go away.

AlanMachon, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation - cannot kill this thing!

1. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation - cannot kill this thing! - Similar Threads - Audio Device Graph

2. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Crashing: I reset my PC a few months ago, and since then Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation has crashed almost every time I use the PC. Sometimes it happens several times, and sometimes once or twice.Some debug info from the latest crash:DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  3. windows audio device graph isolation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows audio device graph isolation: this process is taking 40% of cpu consumption making my laptop speedup the fan. i have version 20h2 but it occurs on previous version why this process is taking so much power i'm using headphones if it could be the case i've forced end process and it goes to 3.5% wich...
  4. Windows Audio Graph Isolation killing sound?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation killing sound?: Recently, my audio has been cutting out completely from my computer if I am not constantly playing some thing with audio. This happens no matter what I do and it always happens even after I reset. I noticed that whenever it happens, windows audio device graph isolation starts...
  5. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Source Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Summary Stopped working Date ‎04-‎May-‎20 5:28 PM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: AUDIODG.EXE...
  6. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Hi everyone. I am wondering if the amount of RAM consumed by the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is normal; it was consuming 250MB when I took the screenshot (link below). Google says that this process should not consume huge amounts of system resources. So how can I fix...
  7. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The process is using around 4,800 to 5,000 MB. (5,400MB at the moment) Is this usual? It is my biggest user of memory. Chrome comes in at only ~419MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-device-graph-isolation/4a908511-e8a4-44a5-9e2c-68b9d1e7ce6c
  8. Audio Device Graph Isolation Crashing/Interfering With Several Things

Audio Device Graph Isolation Crashing/Interfering With Several Things: Howdy All, I've had my HP Envy Laptop with Windows 10 for a few years (but just recently updated to Windows v1903), and for most of that time I've had some kind of bug with the audio. I wouldn't exactly call myself tech-savvy, although I know about a few things here and...
  9. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The last month or so, my Windows Audion Device Graph Isolation consistently takes up between 20%-70% of my RAM at any given time, even when I'm not playing audio. I know that this shouldn't even be the case when I'm playing audio. The other methods listed in other community...
  10. Windows audio device graph isolation

Windows audio device graph isolation: I have the same issue several others have reported, that Windows audio device graph isolation is eating CPU. As recommended, I have performed virus scans several times, reloaded drivers, and nothing has helped. The enhancements window for Speakers/Headphone Properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kill audio graph isolation

2. windows audio device graph isolation and youtube