Windows 10: Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video

Discus and support Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Im new here, so nice to meet you^^. Im experiencing an issue with my pc for about the last 5 days. In these days ive been working on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevin437, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Kevin437 Win User

Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video

Hello,

Im new here, so nice to meet you^^. Im experiencing an issue with my pc for about the last 5 days. In these days ive been working on this issue all of my spare time and i cant seem to fix it. Im no expert on windows or pc's in general, but i know how to troubleshoot etc. So thats what ive been doing, but sadly with no luck so far... So i thought i need to ask the question since nothing seems to help me. (my apologies if my english is a bit weird sometimes, not my native language)

Summary of the problem:
    Audio glitch/artifacts when stopping or resuming audio.
    Tried many sollutions to fix the problem.
    Problem persists with multiple drivers/devices/headphones.
    Problem persists after complete fresh windows installation.
    Problem started randomly without any previous issues.

Audio example: (recorded with phone because a rendered audio file doesnt contain these artifacts)
    Dropbox - example - Simplify your life

Explanation:

Im experiencing an issue with windows. Let me start with the problem. Since about 5 days ive been experiencing issues with windows the windows sound. When i play a youtube video or when using ableton or any other program that uses audio, i get this really loud clicking sound when i start or stop audio/video. It is just a really hard click. It does not perceive to me as a samplerate or bufferrate problem. This problem is especially noticable when in ableton (DAW) and hearing a single instrument with a delay. Its like the sound cuts out and pops back in etc, but it is acompanied by a loud click. At first i thought it was an issue with my audio interface (focusrite clarett pre ext.psu.), but the problem also persists when i use a headphone inside my motherboards audio output (i also used 5 different headphones to test), or via my hdmi out or focusrite scarlett 2i2. (check audio example)

Ive been searching online for many sollutions, ive tried all the sollutions microsoft suggested in this article
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...lems#v1h=tab01

And a lot of more tests/settings i found where people had simmilar issues.
    These are mostly the following - check my dpc latency, different drivers (installing, updating, removing etc), cpu usage and stability, bitrates, samplerates, bufferrates, quality of audio settings, sound effect changes, system sound changes, sound device enhancements or priority settings, Usb power plans, CPU power plans, ram frequencies etc. I went as far as to do a clean windows install, bios changes for optimal performance etc., and even a full rebuild of my pc to rule out a possible short or electrical issue inside of my pc. Nothing seems to fix it. (i did probably forget some things i tried)

At a certain point i thought it might have been a ground loop issue, so i even wasted money by buying stuff to eliminate this problem with no succes. My system appears to have no issues, the cpu runs stable, gpu shows no problems, ram is working properly, storage drives are working like they should. Ive eliminated almost all hardware besides my psu and motherboard, but i cant seem to find if this could cause an issue with audio clicking. I find this especially strange because this all just appeared from one minute to another.

Im really frustrated at the moment because nothing seems to fix my problem. I hope that anyone has a sollution because this is driving me crazy! the weird thing is, about 6 days ago, there were absolutely no issues whatsoever with my entire system. It had just arisen from one minute till the next.

My pc is fairly new (about 3 months.)
    specs:
    win - Version 2004 (build 19041.572)
    cpu - 10600k
    gpu - rtx 2060
    mobo - z490m-plus
    psu - Coolermaster 650gold
    ram - corsair 16gb 2 dims 3200 DDR4
    Storage - Samsung m.2 ssd.

System has no issues other than this, no booting issues, bios issues etc. system runs stable and has no tinkering done to it besides some power/performance settings to make sure it was not anything related to the power settings.

Now my most educated guess would be that windows or some audio driver is the cause of this issue, but i dont understand why a fresh install would not fix this problem. My gut feeling says this might be an electrical issue i.e. not enough power driving my motherboard? or an excess of power causing an electrical short sound thats audible through my speakers/headphones.

Please does anyone have a sollution??

Thank you in advance! ,

Kevin. Version 2004 (build 19041.572)

:)

Kevin437, Oct 17, 2020

2. Audio Glitches

Can someone help? I was trying to record a minecraft video by using the Game Bar Capture, I recorded for 13 minutes and I stopped the recording. I watched the video and the audio was stuttering and glitching. For example, the audio was freezing and playing
    over and over again! The whole video was fine and smooth. But every time I record I get this audio glitch bug thing.

SomeoneDiedNowGoHome1, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Stop/Resume audio books?

I have a windows phone 8 (Lumia 820) and i want to listen to audio books on it. Is there any way to stop the book in the music application and resume again later. (I will probably also listen to music in between listening to the book). Or is there a good
    audio book app that i can listen to them on? Thanks!

DylanMoyles, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video

Windows Audio Glitch

So when watching YouTube videos or any other type of audio the audio glitches and creates a ssssszh like sound. But after restarting the audio affect goes away but then back again. Please Help!

Ultra Beast, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video

1. Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video - Similar Threads - audio glitch stopping

2. why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?: when i start playing audio and video,then audio and video starts automatically pause and resume.it happens in windows media player ,vlc,youtube,facebook, everywhere.i try to solve this by troubleshooting but that was not usefull.my laptop drivers,and software are updated....
  3. why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?: when i start playing audio and video,then audio and video starts automatically pause and resume.it happens in windows media player ,vlc,youtube,facebook, everywhere.i try to solve this by troubleshooting but that was not usefull.my laptop drivers,and software are updated....
  4. why is this audio and video pause and resume automatically?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio glitch when stopping or resuming audio/video: Hello, Summary of the problem: Audio glitch/artifacts when stopping or resuming audio. Tried many sollutions to fix the problem. Problem persists with multiple drivers/devices/headphones. Problem persists after complete fresh windows installation. Problem started...
  6. Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows sound glitch when resuming or pausing audio.: Hello, Summary of the problem: Audio glitch/artifacts when stopping or resuming audio. Tried many sollutions to fix the problem. Problem persists with multiple drivers/devices/headphones. Problem persists after complete fresh windows installation. Problem started...
  7. Paused videos and audio resume on their own

in Browsers and Email
    Paused videos and audio resume on their own: Hello, All paused media restart on their own after about 30 seconds whether the page is up or minimized. This happens on Edge and Chrome but not Mozilla. It also happens on paused videos as well as audio streams like Spotify. I have to close the tabs or navigate away to get...
  8. Paused videos and audio resume on their own

in Browsers and Email
    Paused videos and audio resume on their own: Hello, Windows 10 Home vers. 2004 / OS Build 19041.450 New to the forums, first post, so I hope you will excuse me if I'm not posting correctly. Please let me know! I tried to find my issue already discussed but no luck so far. All paused media restart on their own after...
  9. no audio after pausing video until resume video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio after pausing video until resume video: Whenever i pause a video in discord youtube Netflix etc. my audio pauses until resume im using qc 35 II bluetoothed stereo audio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-pausing-video-until-resume-video/6e818459-178f-45e4-9a29-51c6affdfd78
  10. Audio/video glitching windows10 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio/video glitching windows10 1909: So after many failed attempts at windows trying to update itself from 1803 I took to these forums for a solution. First port of call was a bigger ssd for my os, cloned successfully still no luck updating. Next was software distribution delete, scnnow, and a bunch of other...