Windows 10: Windows Audio Graph Isolation chewing up memory

Discus and support Windows Audio Graph Isolation chewing up memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This morning I ended the task when it got up to 350mb. I am forced to monitor and end the task when the memory used gets too high. I have checked audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karen Higgins, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Windows Audio Graph Isolation chewing up memory

This morning I ended the task when it got up to 350mb. I am forced to monitor and end the task when the memory used gets too high. I have checked audio properties and disabled enhancements. Drivers are current.

How to fix this so I have sufficient memory to use applications?

:)

Karen Higgins, Feb 18, 2021

2. Audio Device Graph Isolation is eating ram in Windows 10

I much appreciate the input. However, I'm not having a sound, speaker, or

microphone problem. The Audio Device Graph Isolation process seems to chew up memory intermittently. This drives up the System process and then

the PC slows down or stutters while paging a document. If I briefly end the

Audio Device Graph Isolation task, the memory usage lowers and correspondingly the System process lowers too. Zig-Zag's suggestions reflect

audio that isn't working or that is improperly working. My audio is working just fine. The process that gives me that audio just seems to hog available memory.

Frankly, I've noted people discussing Audio Device Graph Isolation doing this

from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Although some discuss affects on CPU and Disk activity as well. However, I'm solely affected by large chunks of memory

being used.

Anyway, Zig-Zag suggested providing Hardware Ids and installed driver.

As of 10/05/2015, Windows 10 thinks I have the most current driver available.

Sound Device Name: IDT High Definition CODEC

Hardware IDS:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1965&REV_1003

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C1965

Current Sound Driver Version: 6.10.6491.0

PC: HP Envy Laptop upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

Thanks For the consideration.

Sludgepuppy, Feb 18, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows audio device graph isolation problem

Hello,

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is an official part of Windows and serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles the audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. If you are using any enhancements, we suggest that you disable them and
    see if the sounds stops. You may disable your enhancements by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Volume icon in the Taskbar.
    • Click Sounds.
    • From the Sound window, click the Playback tab, then select the device that you suspect is causing the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
    • Click OK.

David Haz, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Windows Audio Graph Isolation chewing up memory

High memory usage of Audio Graph Isolation

I suggest you follow the steps in the below article to disable all the enhancements in the sound properties to resolve this.

https://www.howtogeek.com/273764/what-is-window...

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows Audio Graph Isolation chewing up memory

1. Windows Audio Graph Isolation chewing up memory - Similar Threads - Audio Graph Isolation

2. Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10: Hi, i need helpSo i was checking my task manager and i saw a program named Audio device graph isolation, and it is eating a lot of memory is there a solution? windows 10...
  3. Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10: Hi, i need helpSo i was checking my task manager and i saw a program named Audio device graph isolation, and it is eating a lot of memory is there a solution? windows 10...
  4. Audio Device Graph Isolation Is Eating Memory Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Eating Up memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Eating Up memory: The process on my windows 10 computer "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation" is eating up obscene amounts of memory, I have uninstalled skype, virus scanned and reinstalled my drivers. I have nothing plugged in i.e headphones and still it uses up tons of memory. I need help...
  6. High memory usage of Audio Graph Isolation

High memory usage of Audio Graph Isolation: I upgraded my pc from win 7 to win 10, and since then I have been facing this issue where this audio graph isolation task starts to consumes very high memory around 400 Mb, even when I am not using headphones/not listening to any music on my pc it starts to consume ram and...
  7. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation hogging 4GB + Memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation hogging 4GB + Memory: [ATTACH] It's just eating memory over time till Firefox crashes. Happening quite frequently. Tried scanning using Windows Defender in-case if it was a virus, didn't find any virus. What to do? submitted by /u/akza07 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Source Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Summary Stopped working Date ‎04-‎May-‎20 5:28 PM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: AUDIODG.EXE...
  9. windows audio graph isolation

windows audio graph isolation: i turn off max pro enhancers they come back on again while windows audio graph isolation causes my cpu to go up nd revs up the fan making awful noise, I have heard many other complaints and tried everything to get this to stop[, when I am playing firestorm and in the second...
  10. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The last month or so, my Windows Audion Device Graph Isolation consistently takes up between 20%-70% of my RAM at any given time, even when I'm not playing audio. I know that this shouldn't even be the case when I'm playing audio. The other methods listed in other community...