Windows 10: Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart?

Discus and support Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Often times, audiodg.exe fails and then auto-reboots. Like many issues people have had, this process has resulted in high CPU, however the difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JazmynLane, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart?

Often times, audiodg.exe fails and then auto-reboots. Like many issues people have had, this process has resulted in high CPU, however the difference is, sound is not restored.
    If I end the task to force it to reboot, sound is restored, but only for a short amount of time.

When media streaming, this was a slight annoyance, but not a large issue. However, since COVID-19, I have been attempting to work from home, which involves using VoIP. The program fails far too often, making it extremely difficult to work productively.

Things I have already done in attempt to troubleshoot:

• Run anti-virus software/ensure program it isn't malware.
    • Update drivers
    • Uninstall Skype
    • Disable sound effects

Again, my issue is not so much the high CPU, but that the audio device fails, and does not restore sound until a force restart by killing the task.

Thanks in advance.

:)

JazmynLane, Jul 1, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows audio device graph isolation problem

Hello,

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is an official part of Windows and serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles the audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. If you are using any enhancements, we suggest that you disable them and
    see if the sounds stops. You may disable your enhancements by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Volume icon in the Taskbar.
    • Click Sounds.
    • From the Sound window, click the Playback tab, then select the device that you suspect is causing the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
    • Click OK.

David Haz, Jul 1, 2020
  3. windows audio graph isolation

I tried your suggestions, but found without the max pro enhancers, the Microsoft volume is not loud enough to hear videos or movies on you tube, and when I tried to remove the windows audio graph isolation the audio diag quit working and I got no sound
    from speakers at all, and when I reinstalled it all, it didnt fix the problem, it just reinstalled it. I updated bios and everything as much as dell or intel would do, and it still doing loud fan and driving me crazy, do you have any other suggestion that
    would fix this?

Susan.Hout, Jul 1, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart?

Windows Audio Graph Isolation

Hi,

Windows Audio Graph Isolation serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles digital signal processing, including the advanced audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. We recommend that you run the audio troubleshooter found on this article
    to resolve this issue: Fix sound problems.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart?

1. Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart? - Similar Threads - Audio Graph Isolation

2. windows audio device graph isolation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows audio device graph isolation: this process is taking 40% of cpu consumption making my laptop speedup the fan. i have version 20h2 but it occurs on previous version why this process is taking so much power i'm using headphones if it could be the case i've forced end process and it goes to 3.5% wich...
  3. Windows 10 Audio Device Graph Isolation issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio Device Graph Isolation issue: Something happened to Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation process which results the PC to freeze (crash) but no BSOD. It happened to me 2 times and i don't know why it does that. There is the log: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 6/18/2020 3:51:47 PM...
  4. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Source Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Summary Stopped working Date ‎04-‎May-‎20 5:28 PM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: AUDIODG.EXE...
  5. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: Hi everyone. I am wondering if the amount of RAM consumed by the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is normal; it was consuming 250MB when I took the screenshot (link below). Google says that this process should not consume huge amounts of system resources. So how can I fix...
  6. windows audio device graph isolation Issue

windows audio device graph isolation Issue: Hi, I am have Trouble with my new G935 Headset. Windows seems to be using windows audio device graph isolation causing g935 Headset to make popping sounds at random times. I see when the process spikes in Task Manager but i carnt for the life of me work out how to stop it...
  7. windows audio graph isolation

windows audio graph isolation: i turn off max pro enhancers they come back on again while windows audio graph isolation causes my cpu to go up nd revs up the fan making awful noise, I have heard many other complaints and tried everything to get this to stop[, when I am playing firestorm and in the second...
  8. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The process is using around 4,800 to 5,000 MB. (5,400MB at the moment) Is this usual? It is my biggest user of memory. Chrome comes in at only ~419MB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-device-graph-isolation/4a908511-e8a4-44a5-9e2c-68b9d1e7ce6c
  9. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation: The last month or so, my Windows Audion Device Graph Isolation consistently takes up between 20%-70% of my RAM at any given time, even when I'm not playing audio. I know that this shouldn't even be the case when I'm playing audio. The other methods listed in other community...
  10. Windows audio device graph isolation

Windows audio device graph isolation: I have the same issue several others have reported, that Windows audio device graph isolation is eating CPU. As recommended, I have performed virus scans several times, reloaded drivers, and nothing has helped. The enhancements window for Speakers/Headphone Properties...