Windows 10: Windows audio issue when communications device enabled (no bass)

Discus and support Windows audio issue when communications device enabled (no bass) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I've been having an issue where there's no bass in games and I've figured out what the issue is, but I'm still trying to resolve it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Erikthered00, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows audio issue when communications device enabled (no bass)

Hello all,

I've been having an issue where there's no bass in games and I've figured out what the issue is, but I'm still trying to resolve it permanently.

When the USB DAC I'm using has the microphone device enabled, any time the mic is active or in a game, the bass is muted out. It's likely related to the "mute when in calls" feature, but that setting has no effect.

I can reproduce it simply by playing music and opening the sound control panel and switching between the "Playback" and "Recording" tabs, I can instantly hear the bass drop.

If I disable the headset mic device, there's no issue, the bass comes back instantly. I've got a seperate USB mic i can use, but I'd really like to be able to use the mic cable on my headphones and have it in line rather than a seperate USB stand mic.

Thanks all

submitted by /u/Erikthered00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Erikthered00, May 22, 2020

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Hello,
    Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do with Windows, as I found a really weird thing - if I go to the settings and disable Bass Boost, then enable it again, the video plays out fine. Until I play another video - then the sound is crap again. And so, every time I play a video I have to re-enable the Bass Boost to get a decent sound.
    This happens both with the default audio drivers and with the suggested Conexant drivers on the manufacturer's website.
    Before I upgraded Windows there was no issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks Windows audio issue when communications device enabled (no bass) :)

Vladislav Iliev, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows audio issue when communications device enabled (no bass)

Audio device issue

Hi Venu,

Incompatible audio device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. First, uninstall the audio driver, then follow these steps to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows audio issue when communications device enabled (no bass)

1. Windows audio issue when communications device enabled (no bass) - Similar Threads - audio issue communications

2. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  3. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  4. Enabling Bluetooth audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling Bluetooth audio device: I've been trying all day to figure out why my JBL flip 6 wont play sound out of it when connected to my pc its worked before but now it wont show up in playback devices and its set to don't allow apps and windows to use this device and when I click allow it doesn't do...
  5. Windows 10 pro 2022 audio issue no bass.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro 2022 audio issue no bass.: I'm currently having an issue with windows filtering out all sub base seemingly 80hz and under, my pc is hooked into an amplifier that feeds to a 10 inch kicker and the pc vibrates more than the kicker from all the fans in the case. I know my system is good because I hook my...
  6. No bass when using rear audio jack

No bass when using rear audio jack: My front jack is damaged and I was using the rear jack while I can't fix the front one But I noticed the lack of bass when using the read jack. What's the matter with this? I'm using realtek HDA drivers version 9071.1 but other versions have the same result Motherboard ASUS...
  7. no bass boost on audio mixer

no bass boost on audio mixer: i have an alienware aurora r8 and whenever i want to boost the bass i cant cus i dont have an enhancements tab with my speakers when i go to sound does anyone know a solution or is this permanent ive tried resetting my drivers and even un and reinstalling realtek nothing...
  8. PCI simple communications unknown device and no audio.

PCI simple communications unknown device and no audio.: Long story short I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 using the tool. Installation went smooth as far as I could tell. But apparently not. Some research later i learned that the pci thing was due to a bad driver. I thought i could fix it but I was wrong again. The intel management...
  9. audio has no bass

audio has no bass: after reinstalling windows 10 and updating it the audio on headset has no bass when i reinstall the audio driver it can detect that the headphones and name changes from speakers/headphones to only headphones but the driver automatically updates itself and it sticks to...
  10. No audio output device is enabled

No audio output device is enabled: What does 'No audio output device is enabled' mean and how can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-audio-output-device-is-enabled/5dbb4804-638c-4eb1-b874-91d978177333