Windows 10: Windows Audio Issues

Discus and support Windows Audio Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello internet, I am having a **** time trying to figure out an incredibly aggravating issue, and I really would appreciate any and all help from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quintyn Moller, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Windows Audio Issues

Hello internet, I am having a **** time trying to figure out an incredibly aggravating issue, and I really would appreciate any and all help from everyone. Alright so the issue started about a few weeks ago, around the time of the last windows update. Everything loaded up fine with the update, but after a few days pass, I realize after turning on my pc that I have a red X right next to my Audio display setting. After a few hours pass the red X disappears and everything goes back to normal, but when I restart my pc, the issue comes back.

Now the steps I have done are in this order:

1. Troubleshot the audio issues.

2. Checked my drivers through right clicking on the start up, and going to device manager, from there reinstalling all of my audio drivers.

3. Opened up Run, and went to services.msc and scrolled down to Windows Audio.

4. Opened command prompt and tried to terminate the PID, and then restarting the service.

5. Ran windows defender to see if any viruses where lurking around in my folders

Now when I got to step 3 I realized that windows audio is stuck on "starting" mode and it takes about a few hours for it to turn onto "running." (All the services windows audio needs in order to run, are working fine.) So I manually disabled it, restarted my computer, turned it back onto automatic, and a small loading screen pops up to show me that its attempting to boot up, but after.... I dont know 30 seconds to at least a minute, it pops up with an error message saying that the certain property took too long to start up. It then kicks it back into "starting" mode, and sits there for a few hours until it comes back up.

I then tried to do the same thing as I did with disabling, only this time I put it to manual, and restarted my computer, only for the same exact thing to happen. Wait for loading bar, get hit with the error message, then it goes back to "starting"

After wasting a day on this, I found out that windows has a help program. So I throw everything I said in this post to the windows representative and he was very helpful. Unfortunately even giving him permission to use my computer he couldnt figure out the issues, so his thinking was that maybe rolling back the update would maybe bring my Windows Audio to working order. But after the rollback restarted my computer it told me it was unable to roll back the update, on some bs reason. And super unfortunately I lost the chat with Jodell, so I wasnt even able to tell him his idea didnt seem to work out.

I am to the point where I want to rip my hair out, I cant get into conference calls, I cant talk with my buddies, nor can I listen to absolutely anything, let alone say anything, because with windows audio messing up, it affects my mics as well.

Thank you so much for listening to me ramble about my issue, and if anyone what so ever can chime in with some helpful tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

(Also as of writing this my audio has come back, but it seems as if Windows Audio has renamed itself to Audiosrv. Maybe thats because I terminated it through command prompt? Zero Clue.)

:)

Quintyn Moller, Aug 22, 2018

2. Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 audio issue

Hi,

Audio issues might have caused by an outdated audio driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:

Fix sound problems
    . You can try different troubleshooting methods by clicking the drop down box, below the title, and choose one from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Windows Audio Issues

Audio Issues and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

According to the issue description, the issue is related to audio recording. I suggest you to try troubleshooting recording audio and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio Issues

1. Windows Audio Issues - Similar Threads - Audio Issues

2. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  3. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  4. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I fix this audio issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this audio issue?: When watching YouTube videos sometimes my video slows down and looks choppy and the sound gets muted and I cannot hear anything however, when using earphones I have yet to experience this problem. I have recently updated my system to windows 11 but, I am not sure if this...
  6. How do I fix this audio issue?

How do I fix this audio issue?: When watching YouTube videos sometimes my video slows down and looks choppy and the sound gets muted and I cannot hear anything however, when using earphones I have yet to experience this problem. I have recently updated my system to windows 11 but, I am not sure if this...
  7. Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!: running with dual RTX Geforce 3060's 1 is disabled as its not in use currently.CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other...
  8. Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!

Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!: running with dual RTX Geforce 3060's 1 is disabled as its not in use currently.CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other...
  9. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  10. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...