Windows 10: Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones

Discus and support Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had an issue with the realtek audio since a while ago. Whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones it keeps switching between the usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LesterCorado, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones

I have had an issue with the realtek audio since a while ago. Whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones it keeps switching between the usb device and the realtek audio. I mean it sounds for a second in the headphones and another second on the computer and it doesn't stop until I unplug the headphones.If I restart the computer with the headset plugged, the problem doesn't happen anymore until I unplug it again.I have already tried to reinstall drivers, windows I had windows 10 with the same problem, I updated to windows 11 and still same problemI have checked for any objet in the usb/a

:)

LesterCorado, Aug 10, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Audio Device Switching

I have Realtek and no problem when I plug in Analog headphones. If you are using USB headset then the USB headset is not being properly detected. If USB, do you have a driver for it? USB devices do not use the PC's sound card, they take digital audio and convert it inside the headset.

fireberd, Aug 10, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

I plugged in a headset to test my ASUS Z170 ROG Maximus VIII Hero motherboard.
    The first screen that popped up asked if plugged in headset or speaker to the front jack
    The second screen checked and set the headphone impedance and level.
    The third screen just shows configuration with headset plugged in.

Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones [​IMG]

Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones [​IMG]

fireberd, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones

my computer volume keeps switching headphones only

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To make sure I understand correctly, what exactly do you mean by "keeps switching to headphones only"? Was a headphone plugged in when that happens?

I would suggest you to try disabling the headphone and setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If headphone is listed, right click and disable it.

4. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones

1. Windows audio keeps switching device whenever I plug in any usb headset or headphones - Similar Threads - audio keeps switching

2. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  3. Not getting any sound whenever I plug my headset in and out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting any sound whenever I plug my headset in and out.: I've noticed this issue 2 days ago. I had unplugged my headset to plug it into another device. When I plugged it back into my PC, I wasn't getting any sound. I had updated all of my drivers and disabled the audio enhancements. I checked out to see if there was an issue with...
  4. Not getting any sound whenever I plug my headset in and out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting any sound whenever I plug my headset in and out.: I've noticed this issue 2 days ago. I had unplugged my headset to plug it into another device. When I plugged it back into my PC, I wasn't getting any sound. I had updated all of my drivers and disabled the audio enhancements. I checked out to see if there was an issue with...
  5. Audio Output keeps on switching devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Output keeps on switching devices: I recently bought an earphone which can be connected only through USB Type-C to my Laptop W10 yet everytime I plug it in, the Audio Output just keeps switching from Speaker Mode to Earphone. No error message, it just keeps switching and only get fixed once I removed the...
  6. Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question Usb audio speakers keeps switching to headset high definition audio device: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this thread! For a few weeks I have been having this problem, for example, I change from my headset to my speakers in the inferior right corner as shown in the screenshot to my USB speakers and it stays that way. But after a...
  7. my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone

my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone: my audio jack notification is not popping up whenever i would plug in a headphone the notification would appear with 3to 4 options and saying that chose one of them. but the major problem is that when i plug in the headphone to my laptop it doesnt recongnize it and doesnt...
  8. I don't have a headset connected but my audio keeps switching to a headset

I don't have a headset connected but my audio keeps switching to a headset: I have an HP 15-dy1074nr laptop. It's brand new. It keeps switching from the built-in speakers to an audio device called "Headset Earphone XBOX_360_DEVICE_00:01." This only happens when playing audio - it switches after about 5 seconds, then switches back about 5 seconds...
  9. Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset: I have a Bluetooth headset. Because it's Bluetooth, I can't use the audio at full quality and the microphone at the same time, so I have to open mmsys.cpl and switch from the headphone option to headset. But, when I use the same headset on a Mac, it changes automatically,...
  10. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Audio keeps switching from headphones to speakers Windows 10