Windows 10: Windows Audio Latency

Discus and support Windows Audio Latency in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TGRElite123, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Windows Audio Latency

Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10?

:)

TGRElite123, Oct 7, 2021

2. Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Windows Update - Audio Latency

Urgent: I have also noticed a serious and abrupt increase in Windows 10 audio latency on a voice chat application I use with a USB headset. I subscribe to Windows Update and my PC is currently
    running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. This is a very serious issue for me because it increases the round-trip mouth-to-ear latency by over 100 milliseconds, which limits interactive conversation.

It almost seems like some buffering has been added in the path because there's no reason why signal processing should add such latency. How can I reach the Microsoft team responsible for the Windows 10 "Sound" software and find out how I can eliminate this
    additional seriously impactful audio latency?

wallacehb at gmail dot com

HappInTenn, Oct 7, 2021
  4. swamphox Win User

Windows Audio Latency

Audio Latency Mouse Lag

I have posted this problem on the forums and there is never a clear resolution to the audio latency problems with Win10. The one thing I have not completed is the performance monitor. This issue with audio latency is pretty bad. Just do a little search
    and see the number of people experiencing the problem.

swamphox, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows Audio Latency

1. Windows Audio Latency - Similar Threads - Audio Latency

2. I have recently bought a mini pc to use for audio recording but with awful latency problems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have recently bought a mini pc to use for audio recording but with awful latency problems...: .It's an AMD ryzen 9 with 32MB DDR5 ram, and 2 SDDs . I run at best performance settings, I have blocked windows cpu throtting in the registry, I have the most up to date ASIO drivers, for my Focusrite Clarett 4+, I have removed the realteck audio drivers, and I am tearing my...
  3. I have recently bought a mini pc to use for audio recording but with awful latency problems...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have recently bought a mini pc to use for audio recording but with awful latency problems...: .It's an AMD ryzen 9 with 32MB DDR5 ram, and 2 SDDs . I run at best performance settings, I have blocked windows cpu throtting in the registry, I have the most up to date ASIO drivers, for my Focusrite Clarett 4+, I have removed the realteck audio drivers, and I am tearing my...
  4. Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...: Like many I have noticed who have in the past been able to make and record music using various software tools eg Reason, Magix and the like, it has been possible to allow for simultaneous, latency free, monitoring of line-in recording eg when playing or singing along to music...
  5. Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...

Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...: Like many I have noticed who have in the past been able to make and record music using various software tools eg Reason, Magix and the like, it has been possible to allow for simultaneous, latency free, monitoring of line-in recording eg when playing or singing along to music...
  6. Brand new LEGION T7 Tower PC - WIN 11 with Terrible bus latency, frame drops, audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new LEGION T7 Tower PC - WIN 11 with Terrible bus latency, frame drops, audio...: Hi friends! I've been experiencing massive issues with latency as shown by the Latencymon dialog shown below which translates into general sluggishness, framerate drops, audio crackling and generally awful performance on a brand new PC during browsing, gaming, watching...
  7. Brand new LEGION T7 Tower PC - WIN 11 with Terrible bus latency, frame drops, audio...

Brand new LEGION T7 Tower PC - WIN 11 with Terrible bus latency, frame drops, audio...: Hi friends! I've been experiencing massive issues with latency as shown by the Latencymon dialog shown below which translates into general sluggishness, framerate drops, audio crackling and generally awful performance on a brand new PC during browsing, gaming, watching...
  8. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface: I have been troubleshooting since December, I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers, I've reinstalled Windows. I've updated my Bios, I've checked all my power settings, I've unplugged old drives. I am fully at a loss on where to take this next, so I beseech thee here...
  9. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface: I have been troubleshooting since December, I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers, I've reinstalled Windows. I've updated my Bios, I've checked all my power settings, I've unplugged old drives. I am fully at a loss on where to take this next, so I beseech thee here...
  10. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware