Windows 10: Windows Audio missing, Windows is dead quiet

Discus and support Windows Audio missing, Windows is dead quiet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I don't know if who's at fault... W10 latest update or my 6yo hardware. My speakers are connected to my PB via optical audio cable,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicola Furlani, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows Audio missing, Windows is dead quiet

Hi all.

I don't know if who's at fault... W10 latest update or my 6yo hardware.

My speakers are connected to my PB via optical audio cable, directly into the MB.

I lost all light from the optical output and all sound from all MB ports.

If I connect other audio devices and switch between optical, back and front 3.5mm, the system recognize the new device being plugged and switches between the correct drivers/devices. Yet, no sounds come out of it at all.

My audio driver is Realtek High Definition Audio v. 6.0.1.8447 and my device is an Realtek Digital Output v. 10.0.17134.1...

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both of them more than once, with no success.

Windows Audio Troubleshooting suggests to switch to "microsoft generic audio driver", but when I do so, I still get no audio and the troubleshooting simply states "all is good".

IF I connect to my living-room TV via audio/video HDMI coming out of my graphic card, no problem at all... I can clearly hear the audio.

Also, I noticed that the "Windows Audio" service is missing from the Services list, BUT is listed in the registry (not sure if the values are correct though).

sfc /scannow was of no help: the system seems to be in perfect shape.

How to fix the audio problem?

Thanks to all.

:)

Nicola Furlani, Dec 22, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows Audio missing, Windows is dead quiet

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio missing, Windows is dead quiet

1. Windows Audio missing, Windows is dead quiet - Similar Threads - Audio missing dead

2. Windows 11 Audio Quiet During Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Audio Quiet During Recording: I have a Windows 11 Lenovo computer, which plays audio just fine for other audios - but the audios that I record with the Camera App come out very quiet. I'm not sure what's happening, my volume is turned up, everything is turned up so it's really confusing. Please help if...
  3. Quiet Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  4. Quiet Audio

Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  5. Windows 11 Audio Periodically Going Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Audio Periodically Going Quiet: For some time now, certain applications go incredibly quiet at seemingly random. To fix this I typically just replug my headphones and the issue clears up, though this fix is incredibly temporary and annoying. I've tried quite a few things, including using different...
  6. Windows 11 Audio Periodically Going Quiet

Windows 11 Audio Periodically Going Quiet: For some time now, certain applications go incredibly quiet at seemingly random. To fix this I typically just replug my headphones and the issue clears up, though this fix is incredibly temporary and annoying. I've tried quite a few things, including using different...
  7. Audio Is Quiet At 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Is Quiet At 100%: Recently I turned on my pc to play some games on it, When i got into the game I realized that the sound was different from the last time I played. The sounds were extremely loud, I thought it was just the game, but when I closed out of the game and went onto my browser to...
  8. Windows Audio Too Quiet

Windows Audio Too Quiet: This problem started a few months ago. All of a sudden, my audio got really quiet, even on the loudest settings I could bring it. I have searched countless websites for a solution, but nothing worked. At first, I could fix it by uninstalling my audio driver and restarting,...
  9. Audio dead

Audio dead: someone pls help me and pls stick to it ive been replying to people on my question but they never respond . so yea so i had update problem which i solved with windows update assistant . after this update when ever i start my laptop when i play a audio file i cant hear...
  10. Audio Dead

Audio Dead: so i have a laptop - hp pavilion 15-cc129tx i updated to win version 1809 but hp does not give audio driver for 1809 version i started my laptop 20 minz ago . i opened a different user there audio was working fine . i shutdown-ed and started and loged into another user to...