Windows 10: Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working

Discus and support Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Guys, we are facing a very weird situation here in the company where I work. Several machines that are using Windows 10 1709 or 1803 are with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndreRodriguesC, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working

Guys,

we are facing a very weird situation here in the company where I work. Several machines that are using Windows 10 1709 or 1803 are with the audio service not working. We still don't know if the problem is a windows update or related to the driver provided by the operational system.

If we run the audio troubleshooter it starts the windows audio service and the audio endpoint builder and everything comes to work again, however, we are in a company with a lot of machines, so the number of tickets also is increasing because of this issue.

Do you know how to definitely solve this?

Regards,

André

:)

AndreRodriguesC, Jul 31, 2018
  2. JeffK_972 Win User

Audio Services Not Responding

Hi Jessen,

I'm running a Lenovo Flex 2-15, and just reinstalled the audio driver. When that didn't work, I stumbled onto this thread. I do not have a service called WindowsAudioEndpointBuilder, instead I have AudioEndpointBuilder. In the description of this
    service, it says "<Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2>" If I right click and enter Properties, I can see that executable is C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted.

For my Windows Audio Properties, it relies on two components: AudioEndpointBuilder mentioned above, and RPC. AudioEndpointBuilder has no children, RPC has two: DCOM Server Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper. When I try to start Windows Audio, I
    get: "Error 1068: The dependency service or failed to start."

JeffK_972, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    AudioEndpointBuilder

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • "I tried resetting my computer, but an error occurred during the reset process and it failed." - What error message did you get?

We suggest performing the following:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 31, 2018
  4. geoff_903 Win User

Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working

Audio Services Not Responding

I too have Windows 10 and only two of the three components for Windows Audio Properties, in Services:

AudioEndpointBuilder, and RPC, and AudioEndpointBuilder has no children, RPC has the two (same as the person above): DCOM Server Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper.

So what is the third component I should have under Windows Audio Properties?

I have no sound now, but can't see what could be wrong, unless is has something to do with the missing component.....

geoff_903, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working

1. Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working - Similar Threads - Audio Service audioendpointbuilder

2. Windows-Audio service not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-Audio service not working: Hey,I have a problem with my PC, which I already mentioned in another ticket and I thought the Windows-Audio service might be the problem, because it was shown as an error in the event viewer. So I started the Windows-Audio service on the local system account, but now the...
  3. Windows-Audio service not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-Audio service not working: Hey,I have a problem with my PC, which I already mentioned in another ticket and I thought the Windows-Audio service might be the problem, because it was shown as an error in the event viewer. So I started the Windows-Audio service on the local system account, but now the...
  4. Audio service not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio service not working: I came across this issue when I was downloading voicemod software, suddenly the audio went off. The troubleshooting started and it showed a message saying that it couldn't fix the problem, one of the two audio services are not working. I followed some steps that i found on...
  5. Audio services not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio services not working: Hello. I’m having a bit of a problem trying to get audio to work on a co-workers laptop. The speaker in the system tray is muted, when I click it to attempt to unmute the sound it brings up the trouble shooting diagnostic and all it says is “One or more audio service isn’t...
  6. Service host: AudioEndpointBuilder 30% PC load?

Service host: AudioEndpointBuilder 30% PC load?: Recently I have had the problem that the audio sometimes drops out (only for a fraction of a second). I have tried listening to music with Spotify, but it stopped after about 10 seconds most of the time and the song stopped completely or Spotify closed completely. Everything...
  7. audio service not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    audio service not working: I have a new lenovo s 145, and both mic and speakers suddenly stopped working. Took all appropriate steps, updated drivers, checked all services status, and finally did a system restore, but the problem persists..Any help? It appears many people have this issue, and it seemed...
  8. Audio services not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio services not working: My PC suddenly shut down and when I restarted the audio, it didn't work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-not-working/7d46e67b-94bc-4454-801b-8c2bab4f3a5b
  9. window audio service is not working

window audio service is not working: there is no audio at all in my computer ***moved on english forum**** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-audio-service-is-not-working/ddc7219c-5374-4a4f-8c3f-17cc617f9f32
  10. Windows Audio Service not working,

Windows Audio Service not working,: Speaker icon with red 'x'. The problem is occurring to Standard users on multiple devices running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 and 1803. Dell is the manufacturer of all devices affected. The environment is Active Directory domain joined desktops and laptops. The quick fix is to...