Windows 10: Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903

Discus and support Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903. It uses 10-25% CPU in the background frequently, causing sudden fps drops or freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by azeunkn0wn, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903

Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903. It uses 10-25% CPU in the background frequently, causing sudden fps drops or freezes in games.

I play PUBG, and I noticed the game lags every time I get shot by the enemy or hear the first 3 footsteps of enemy nearby. The game already uses a lot of CPU, but I never had this problem before in Windows 10 1809.
    I open the Task manager and monitor performance while ingame and found that Windows Audio service is unusually use too much CPU. I can reproduce the issue, even by changing volume up and down (using volume knob or button in my keyboard) will make the windows audio service use 30% of CPU.

I tried to reproduce the issue in fresh installed win10 1809, but the service only use less than 7% of CPU.

I've done everything from updating/reinstalling drivers, to trying different configuration.

Specs:
    Win10 1903 (in 250GB Sata SSD)
    i5-4460
    8GB
    GTX 1070

:)

azeunkn0wn, Jun 28, 2019
  2. iangie Win User

WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

I am using Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8G RAM)

After WIN10 v1703 update, Windows Explorer uses ~30-40% CPU.

If I uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" in the Performance Options, the CPU usage of Windows Explorer reduces to ~0%

Any suggestion why showing thumbnails cause so high CPU usage in v1703?

Thanks!

iangie, Jun 28, 2019
  3. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Jun 28, 2019
  4. vinay_45 Win User

Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation HIGH CPU USAGE

My PC has a Realtek audio driver from Dell manufacturer with Waves maxx audio driver. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is using about 25% CPU usage. Enhancements tab is not appearing on playback properties. I want to disable enhancements to reduce
    high CPU usage.

I don't want to install Microsoft's High Definition Audio Device for enhancements tab to appear. Is there any way to reduce high CPU usage while having the Realtek audio driver?

vinay_45, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903

1. Windows Audio service high cpu usage after updating to win10 1903 - Similar Threads - Audio service high

2. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  3. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  4. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage: Yo my problem right now is this process called "CxUiUSvc Service" is taking up way too much CPU usage . I don't know what it is or what it does that's why im asking here and how do i like stop it. If anyone is wondering, my Windows 10 version is "21H2" I recently just updated...
  5. CxUiUSvc Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. High CPU usage after update

High CPU usage after update: So i was on Windows 10 version 21H1 when i saw that there was an update, before i updated my CPU temp was idling at about 30-40 degrees, but after i have updated my CPU temp started to idle at about 60 degrees with the same CPU usage as before, could anyone tell me why? and...
  7. High CPU usage of Windows Audio & Realtek HD Audio Universal Service

High CPU usage of Windows Audio & Realtek HD Audio Universal Service: Information of Laptop: System Name: LAPTOP-H2DL499A System Model: ZenBook S UX391UA Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Hi! A couple of months ago, the...
  8. Windows 10 1903 high cpu usage by services and controller app

Windows 10 1903 high cpu usage by services and controller app: During usage my game began to stutter badly. A look at task manager showed the services and controller app driving usage up to 100%. on top of this wsappx was also poking it's nose in. On XP once it had settled it stayed quiet. Not w10, constant interference, never mind the...
  9. High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903

High CPU usage after updating to windows 10 1903: I have a MSI GL63 8SD gaming laptop (i7 8750h + nvidia1660 ti + 8gbRAM) which came with windows 10 build 1803. And 1 week ago, I updated it to he 1903 update. Since then I'm facing the issue of HIGH CPU USAGE (mostly 100%) even when it is left idle. I closed all programs...
  10. High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903

High CPU usage on Windows 10 after update 1903: Hello, I recently updated to update 1903, I have heard about a few bugs in the version on the internet about it so I hesitated at first when it was made available, but I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 without saving anything and then apply the 1903 update...