Windows 10: Windows Audio Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability

Discus and support Windows Audio Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; An information disclosure vulnerability exists when Windows Audio Service fails to properly handle objects in memory. An attacker who successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Windows Audio Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en.../CVE-2018-8454

:)

Brink, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: {{windowTitle}}

Yukikaze, Nov 14, 2018
  3. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Windows Audio Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability

Windows 10 pro 64 "the audio service is not running" every 5 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

First lets make sure the Windows Audio service
    is running or not.

• Search for Services in the search bar and search Windows Audio service
      in the list of services.
    • Right-click on the Windows Audio service, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic
      is selected.
    • Also make sure that the service is started
    Also suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve issue with Audio Issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue related o edge I suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.
    This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability

1. Windows Audio Service Information Disclosure Vulnerability - Similar Threads - Audio Service Information

2. Movies and TV media limitations disclosure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV media limitations disclosure: Why isn't it disclosed prior to the purchase that it is limited to the Microsoft App/devices? The price is the same as it would be for the physical media at WalMart, Target, Costco, etc. Granted, the storage of the movies isn't cheap but the practice of using a single movie...
  3. Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration vulnerability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration vulnerability: Dear Team,How to overcome "Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration vulnerability".VA in this path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.0\ Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe.Please suggest....
  4. Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration vulnerability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration vulnerability: Dear Team,How to overcome "Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration vulnerability".VA in this path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.0\ Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe.Please suggest....
  5. Internet Information Services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Information Services: If I do a network reset will iis also be reset in windows 10? submitted by /u/kirk7899 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mq0vsr/internet_information_services/
  6. PowerGanalu.exe service information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerGanalu.exe service information: I spent the better part of this morning removing Segurazo Santivirus PUP from my son's Surface Pro tablet. During the process I came across a Service called PowerGanalu.exe. I have tried to research this name but nothing seems to come up. Looking at the location on the...
  7. Intel DDIO and RDMA Partial Information Disclosure Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel DDIO and RDMA Partial Information Disclosure Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00290 Advisory Category: Hardware Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: LOW Original release: 09/10/2019 Last revised: 09/10/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in some microprocessors with Intel® Data Direct I/O...
  8. CVE-2019-1125 Windows Kernel Information Disclosure Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    CVE-2019-1125 Windows Kernel Information Disclosure Vulnerability: MITRE CVE-2019-1125 An information disclosure vulnerability exists when certain central processing units (CPU) speculatively access memory. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could read privileged data across trust boundaries. To exploit this...
  9. Surface version information service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface version information service: A few weeks back my Surface Pro 3 did an update. I believe the update included firmware changes . Since that update, the shortcut button on my pen no longer works. I tried the pen on a different unit, and it is fine, so it is not the pen. I also now have a "Surface Version...
  10. Security Advisory ADV180022 | Windows Denial of Service Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Security Advisory ADV180022 | Windows Denial of Service Vulnerability: Microsoft is aware of a denial of service vulnerability (named "FragmentSmack" CVE-2018-5391) affecting Windows systems. An attacker could send many 8-byte sized IP fragments with random starting offsets, but withhold the last fragment and exploit the worst-case complexity of...