Windows 10: Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core

Discus and support Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm experimenting Windows Server Core 2019 in a VM under VMware Workstation. By default it has no sound, so I went into Services in Task Manager to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by uEFImaster, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core

I'm experimenting Windows Server Core 2019 in a VM under VMware Workstation. By default it has no sound, so I went into Services in Task Manager to enable the "Audiosrv" service, but didn't see such an item. Then I ran "sc query Audiosrv" in the command prompt and got this:

Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core f147776a-9dbd-4dc3-bc17-d34092007072?upload=true.png

It appears that the "Audiosrv" service is not installed, so I went on Google to search for a way to get it. But all of the search result that I got were to enable the service through "services.msc" which comes with the desktop enabled variant of WS and all of them ASSUMES THAT THE SERVICE IS INSTALLED AND EXISTS ON THE SYSTEM, which IS NOT MY CASE.

So I'm asking here, hoping for a correct way to solve the problem. Thanks

:)

uEFImaster, Aug 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Aug 18, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core

1. Windows Audio Service is not installed. How can I get it back? Windows Server Core - Similar Threads - Audio Service installed

2. How can I get my audio driver back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my audio driver back: One day my PC crashed and it took off all of my audio inputs I have to have a controller connected or I won't be able to hear and I have to use a good charger or my controller will disconnect and I won't be able to hear. It also deleted everything I had....
  3. How can I get my audio driver back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my audio driver back: One day my PC crashed and it took off all of my audio inputs I have to have a controller connected or I won't be able to hear and I have to use a good charger or my controller will disconnect and I won't be able to hear. It also deleted everything I had....
  4. How can I get my audio driver back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how can i get back the intel sound and audio driver

how can i get back the intel sound and audio driver: so i was trying to fix a audio problem that i had i already knew how to solve it so i went to device manager chose sound and audio then clicked add a legacy hardware i completed the wizard then i chose to download the intel corporation driver then it fixed but i needed to...
  6. How can I get back windows 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get back windows 1909: Windows 2004 won't let me open alot of apps. I'm past the 10 day mark submitted by /u/RockPaperSparx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n660ku/how_can_i_get_back_windows_1909/
  7. .how can i get back it ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .how can i get back it ????: i lost my power point file when i tried to change its folder to another and i chosen skip after it was disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-it/2850b162-dd65-440c-84c2-bf4622216d7c
  8. how can i get high definition audio back?

how can i get high definition audio back?: i while ago my audio stopped working bacause a msi audio configuration were i selected sometime wrong. i didnt know this was the problem so i was searching the internet for anything i could do. i ended up switching my audio from high definition audio to realtek audio. this...
  9. How to Install GUI for Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Install GUI for Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server: I have installed Windows 2016 Datacenter Core Server. Could I ask how to install GUI for it ? Thanks a lot in advance. Evan LEE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-gui-for-windows-2016-datacenter/51c294d8-2bdc-4766-8676-fc05892e0b77
  10. How Can I Get Windows 10 Back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Get Windows 10 Back?: So, I just recently decided to reset my Laptop to its Factory Settings. However, in doing so, it changed back to Windows 8.1. Is there anyway I can get Windows 10 back..? Thank you. 26825

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. windows server core audio

3. ws core 2019 datacenter audio service not working