Windows 10: Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down

Discus and support Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have the same problem regarding the audio service shutting (windows 10 pro) down for no reason. This is what i tried so far: 1-) uninstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlainCote1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down

Hi,

I have the same problem regarding the audio service shutting (windows 10 pro) down for no reason. This is what i tried so far:

1-) uninstalling the driver and restart. The driver version 6.0.1.8551 ( Realtek high definition audio)

2-) Stop and restart the audio service, i got an error that the service could not be shot down.

3-) Call Lenovo and they change the mother board and the dawn thing keeps shutting down.

4-) Check for update on my Bluetooth headphone, its ok, but the problem is appearing when i am trying to pair my headphone to the laptop (think pad T470 I5 7 gen)

So right now, i have no sound, The weird part is that the console (services.msc) is showing that the service is running but when i tried to listen to something on you tube with or without the headphone, the service seems to be running and then shut down. If you look at the speaker icon next to tray, one minute it is ok and then, i got the red x across the icon... So any idea that can point to a reason why, or any solution would be most appreciate.

:)

AlainCote1, Jan 16, 2019
  2. RCIPL IT Win User

Audio Service Keeps stopping in windows 10

Hi Kapil,

Tried all the troubleshooting steps and updated Audio driver too. But still issue remains same.

The windows audio service also in automatically only.

Kindly suggest me solution on this.

RCIPL IT, Jan 16, 2019
  3. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down

windows audio service keeps stopping

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

Install all pending updates on the system, restart and check the status of the issue. Further, I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

For network issues suggest op to follow the steps form link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down

1. Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Audio Service Keeps

2. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down: Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last night....
  3. Windows reset keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reset keeps shutting down.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  4. Windows 10 keeps shutting down

Windows 10 keeps shutting down: Windows keep shutting down was unable to do the recent update when it started shutting down every few minutes. Tried doing other suggestions. Still shutting down thanks any help I can get. Dan...
  5. Windows update service shutting down.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update service shutting down.: Windows update shows me this error message. What should i do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-shutting-down/8c837a0e-c1c3-471a-92eb-5a778404071d
  6. update service was shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update service was shutting down: err on getting update on pc how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-service-was-shutting-down/65894a17-8b9b-46d1-b572-c674fd1001bb
  7. windows keeps shutting down

windows keeps shutting down: I will be right in the middle of reading some news or something and all of a sudden I get a screen that says Microsoft has encountered a problem and will have to restart. My screen goes black but it never restarts on its own. I have to manually power off and wait 30 seconds...
  8. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  9. Windows audio services shutting down when using any sound

Windows audio services shutting down when using any sound: Im at a real loss here guys. Basically after spending 4 hours and trying several system restores that failed I have to wipe my drive just to get my audio back. I have an Alienware Aurora R7 thars about 40 days old and for some reason my audio services will not start up...
  10. Windows audio services shutting down when using any sound

Windows audio services shutting down when using any sound: Im at a real loss here guys. Basically after spending 4 hours and trying several system restores that failed I have to wipe my drive just to get my audio back. I have an Alienware Aurora R7 thars about 40 days old and for some reason my audio services will not start up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audio service stopping

2. Win 10 Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down - Microsoft ...