Windows 10: Windows audio service missing / disappeared

Discus and support Windows audio service missing / disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today, I started my laptop and it crashed, when I restarted, the audio stopped working, with the following error: the Windows audio service is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardMcQueary, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Windows audio service missing / disappeared

Today, I started my laptop and it crashed, when I restarted, the audio stopped working, with the following error: the Windows audio service is not activated, so I look for the services to restart it, but I did not find the windows audio service , after searching more I understood that it was missing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

RichardMcQueary, Oct 26, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Bob--Ped Win User
    Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared.

New (3 month old) Asus laptop running Windows 10, all updates installed, Windows Defender antivirus (up to date).

So a couple of days ago my audio started playing up. First & second time a reboot fixed it, now it seems to be permanently not working.

Simultaneously, Defender reported 3 times that it has spotted a threat (Trojan:Occamy.b) and quarantined it.

• I haven't downloaded anything from an unknown source and I'm always very careful anyway - only pdf, xlsx, csv, png, jpg and docx in the last few days
    • Occamy.b has been reported by Windows Defender in other situations - but a false alarm.
    • I ran a full virus scan to be on the safe side - no issues found
    I've run the windows troubleshooter - which says that the audio service is not running.

Further searching help forums etc. led me to the following:

• In Task Manager --> Services" the audiosvr Windows Audio Service has status "stopping".
    • In "services.msc" the Windows Audio Service has same status "stopping". It won't respond to attempts to either start or stop.
    • in c:\windows\system32 the file audiosvr.exe is missing (associated .dll files are present)

In Defender, I deleted the first 2 quarantines, but restored the third. That doesn't seem to have fixed the issue though.

Any suggestions how I can get audio services running again please?

Bob--Ped, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Windows audio service missing / disappeared

Windows Audio Service is missing after a bluescreen

Hello everyone,

After a bluescreen, my audio (output and input) isn't working at all. When I click on the audio icon, Windows says that Windows Audio service is not enabled and ask me if I want to activate it but it doesn't work.

I've already tried to :

• update audio devices's drivers
    • uninstall/reinstall audio devices
    • Go to services.msc to restart Windows Audio (but the service is missing, it's just doesn't appear into the list)
    • start Windows Audio by command as Admin by using the command net start audiosrv which output with this error :

"A system error 5 happened, access forbiden." (even if I launch it as admin)

Don't know what to do next...

Thanks for your help

Arthur Eudeline, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows audio service missing / disappeared

1. Windows audio service missing / disappeared - Similar Threads - audio service missing

2. Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services: Hello i'm writing this in hope to be able to fix this issue that i have. I used the troubleshooting tool because i was hearing some popping/crackling inside my headphones while listening to music; the troubleshooting pointed out as an issue the " generic audio driver detected...
  3. Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services: Hello i'm writing this in hope to be able to fix this issue that i have. I used the troubleshooting tool because i was hearing some popping/crackling inside my headphones while listening to music; the troubleshooting pointed out as an issue the " generic audio driver detected...
  4. WINDOWS SERVICES ARE MISSING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS SERVICES ARE MISSING: Windows Defender service are missing in services. The only service that I found was Windows Firewall, other than that I can't find any Windows Defender Service at Services. Moreover, Windows Defender Virus & Protection stopped running, and whenever I press "Restart Now" it...
  5. Windows 10 The Audio Service is not running - Windows Audio in services.msc is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 The Audio Service is not running - Windows Audio in services.msc is missing: I tried to find similar threads that already exist but they are all unresolved or for an outdated platform. Last night my Windows 10 updated and the audio no longer works. The error when I hover over the audio button on the task bar is "The Audio Service is not running." The...
  6. Multimedia Audio Services missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multimedia Audio Services missing: Hi all, currently I use windows 10 Education version 2004. Audio, sound of web, mp3, gaming, ... work normally, but I saw in task scheduler have 2 task - Cache task - Multimedia sound task - When I start up 2020/07/28 19:00:00 and checked task scheduler both of them...
  7. Windows services missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows services missing: with the whole Pso2 mess , now im having issues login into xbox live , resintalled xbox live , installed all the apps that are required to run it , i click sign in and nothing happens! , after wondering wth was going on , i noticed that in w10 services im supposed to have...
  8. Windows Audio Service is missing after a bluescreen

Windows Audio Service is missing after a bluescreen: Hello everyone, After a bluescreen, my audio (output and input) isn't working at all. When I click on the audio icon, Windows says that Windows Audio service is not enabled and ask me if I want to activate it but it doesn't work. I've already tried to : update audio...
  9. Windows Audio Service is missing/gone

Windows Audio Service is missing/gone: Today, i started my laptop and it crashed, when i restarted, the audio stopped working, with the following error: Windows Audio Service is not activated, so i go check for the services to restart it, but i didn't find the windows audio service, after some more searching i...
  10. Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared.

Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared.: New (3 month old) Asus laptop running Windows 10, all updates installed, Windows Defender antivirus (up to date). So a couple of days ago my audio started playing up. First & second time a reboot fixed it, now it seems to be permanently not working. Simultaneously,...