Windows 10: windows audio service not running error 193

Discus and support windows audio service not running error 193 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear all, My lenovo laptop (windows 10) has no audio, nothing works even Bluetooth connected devices don't receive sound. I have tried all obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richieblackmore, Mar 17, 2021.

1. windows audio service not running error 193

Dear all,

My lenovo laptop (windows 10) has no audio, nothing works even Bluetooth connected devices don't receive sound. I have tried all obvious routes ie: deleting the drivers and re installing + powering the pc again

In the Services.msc:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder are running but not windows audio

When I try to start the windows audio, I get the error 193: 0xc1

Finally, I have Run the System File Checker and got the message:

"windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

Any help will be apreciated!

:)

Richieblackmore, Mar 17, 2021

2. [SOLVED] Error 193: 0xc1 .NET Windows Service

Symptom:
    When you install a .NET Windows Service, it says there was no error. Yet, when you go to start the service, you get an "Error 193: 0xc1" message and subsequently, the process refuses to start.

Cause:
    The binary you installed as a service is not a "Windows Application."

Solution:
    Uninstall the old service, change the project output type to "Windows Application" and build it, install the new binary (should be *.exe), and start the service again.

This is just one example of what can cause the error message.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 17, 2021
  3. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Vstuffs Win User

windows audio service not running error 193

My Audio Service refuse to Start error code: 193 0xc1

Original Title: My Audio Service refuse to Start

The audio service was working before.but for the past few days it stop working,i have try the ffg steps

1.Make use of chkdsk,but it still not working

2.have try to check the path to executable and that of the registry,the same

3.I have try sfc /scannow still not working

4.Multimedia Class Scheduler is not on services.msc(do not know why)

5.Allows getting an error 193:0xc1 message when i try to start WINDOW AUDIO SERVICE....BUT WINDOW AUDIO ENDPOINT BUILDER IS RUNNING

6.try doing a system restore,but it would stop at 15%

And i also get an error 0xc000012f message regarding HID.dll when i try starting some apps

Vstuffs, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

windows audio service not running error 193

1. windows audio service not running error 193 - Similar Threads - audio service running

2. Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067: Hi! I have an issue on a brand new HP Omen laptop running Windows 11. I am using it out of the box for a few days only, but sound stopped working completely today. The issue seems to be the Windows Audio Service not working. When I try to start the service, it throws "Error...
  3. Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067: Hi! I have an issue on a brand new HP Omen laptop running Windows 11. I am using it out of the box for a few days only, but sound stopped working completely today. The issue seems to be the Windows Audio Service not working. When I try to start the service, it throws "Error...
  4. Windows Audio service run error 193: 0xc1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio service run error 193: 0xc1: how do fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-service-run-error-193-0xc1/26ee6b0b-0235-4df8-8534-8fc33befd173
  5. Windows Audio service run error 193: 0xc1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio service run error 193: 0xc1: how do fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-service-run-error-193-0xc1/26ee6b0b-0235-4df8-8534-8fc33befd173
  6. Windows Audio service run error 193: 0xc1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows audio service not running error 193

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows audio service not running error 193: Dear all, My lenovo laptop windows 10 has no audio, nothing works even Bluetooth connected devices don't receive sound. In the Services.msc: Remote Procedure Call RPC and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder are running but not windows audio When I try to start the windows...
  8. Windows 10 Audio Service won't start. Error 193 0xc1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Audio Service won't start. Error 193 0xc1: Hello. To attempt repairs, I've been looking at Gokul's reply from Microsoft Support in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/error-193-0xc1-when-trying-to-start-windows-audio/77795eee-56c3-468d-b32c-be5987797dec?page=1 The...
  9. Error: The Audio Service is not running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: The Audio Service is not running Windows 10: I think I found a resolution for this. It looks like the Anti-Virus program AVG was causing the issue. I disabled this program temporarily and restarted the PC to test and the audio service started ok. I reinstalled the Anti-Virus program and enabled it and it is no longer...
  10. Windows Wireless Service Not Running/WLAN AutoConfig Error 193 - No Solution has Worked -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Wireless Service Not Running/WLAN AutoConfig Error 193 - No Solution has Worked -...: All of the solutions I've seen doesn't work at all. I have tried going into 'Services' and setting to Automatic and running it. I have tried a Network Reset. I have tried a SFC Scannow. I have tried multiple commands within the [Admin] Command Prompt. I have tried booting...