Windows 10: Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services

Discus and support Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to hear any audio through my laptop speakers. When I troubleshoot the problem it says audio services not responding. I am also unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Logan Boshoff, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services

I am unable to hear any audio through my laptop speakers. When I troubleshoot the problem it says audio services not responding. I am also unable to see Windows Audio in services.

Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services f6572257-04c0-4eda-95b0-c5d5f90d2c18?upload=true.png

:)

Logan Boshoff, Sep 6, 2020

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2020
  3. audio services not responding

Thanks for the feedback. Let's ensure that your audio services are enabled and running. Please follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Services.
    • Click Services (Desktop app) in the search results.
    • Under Services (Local), look for the following:
    • Plug and Play
    • Windows Audio
    • Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    4. Right-click Plug and Play and click Properties.

5. Set the Startup type to Automatic, and Service status should be
    Running. If it's not running, click on Start > Apply > OK.

6. Do the same with the Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.

7. Restart the PC to apply the changes.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services

The audio service is not running?!

Hello Abu,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Please refer to the below steps to start the Audio service and cherck if it helps to resolve the issue

• Open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools, then View Local Services
    • Look for "Windows Audio" NOT "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

[Just click on any service, then press the letter "W" on your keyboard, it will take you to the services starting with the "w" letter]
    • Right click on the "Windows Audio" service and choose "Properties"
    • You will see 4 tabs, click on the last one, labeled "Dependencies"
    • In that tab, you will see the "This service depends on the following system components" box, it displays 3 services.

Beside each service there is a "+" icon, click on it to expand the list. The 2nd service will have 2 child services, the 3rd service will have 1 child service.
    • Now make sure that all the 6 services (3 main, 3 child) have the "Started" status in the "Services" window you opened earlier.
    • Most probably you will find one of those services are not running, just start all of them, then try to start the "Window Audio" service from the "General" tab.

However, if the issue is still unresolved, I would suggest you to
    check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this helps.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services

1. Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services - Similar Threads - Audio Service Showing

2. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  3. Audio Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service: I have Windows 7. My computer did an automatic update one night, and now I have no volume. Instead, I have a message saying "The audio service is not running." I have tried a number of troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Could someone please offer me some...
  4. Audio Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Service: I have Windows 7. My computer did an automatic update one night, and now I have no volume. Instead, I have a message saying "The audio service is not running." I have tried a number of troubleshooting suggestions, but nothing has worked. Could someone please offer me some...
  5. audio services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio services: audio services cannot be restarted after unsuccessful optional windows upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services/ae524cf2-330b-4beb-8353-db52b1495ea8
  6. Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio service: Nothing will play audio on my Windows 10 PC. I have done all the usual and recommended checks. The issue seems to be in Windows Audio service or Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, or both, on log on. They are saying my password is invalid, but I don't know what the password...
  7. audio service.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio service.: my system audio serive is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-service/f7f1a1c5-e9a8-4dcf-8b70-2851deb3e028
  8. Audio service

Audio service: On the task bar of my Windows 10 laptop, there is a red x on the speaker icon, and a message appears "The audio service is not running". However, everything seems to work, and in the services window it shows audio services as running....
  9. Audio Services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Services: During a windows update two items stopped working most annoying is Realtek. The other is windows update have been updated through the catalog since then. Trust that I have since the end of March researched and installed, drivers and started audio services more times then you...
  10. audio service

audio service: windows audio has stopped it saws that windows could not start the windows audio service on local computer error 0*80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-service/4f298efd-9883-478e-812f-83df072b65e2