Windows 10: Windows Audio Service, Windows Backup and Windows Update not working

Discus and support Windows Audio Service, Windows Backup and Windows Update not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. So a couple of weeks ago I went to use Windows Backup on an external HDD (as I have done previously) and it would not backup. Instead when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MK91TJ, Sep 9, 2018.

1. MK91TJ Win User

Windows Audio Service, Windows Backup and Windows Update not working

Hi all. So a couple of weeks ago I went to use Windows Backup on an external HDD (as I have done previously) and it would not backup. Instead when I clicked backup it would look like it was about to start and then nothing would happen.

The next day or so I turned on my computer and there was no audio and the Audio Service wasn't running. When I go to the Services tab to start it I get an error message and told I don't have the permissions to resume the service. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RealTek Audio driver (the regular one I use) and nothing has changed.

I have also noticed that my Windows Update refuses to work: when I click 'Check for updates' it cannot connect to the service despite having internet connection. My Updates History is also clear. I have tried downloading and installing the latest cumulative update for my version of Windows 10 manually but despite me running it and it appearing to have installed per my OS Build tab no updates have been installed since May. The troubleshooting services for Windows Audio and Update manager are also not completing, reporting I do not have necessary permissions to do so, despite my account being an admin. In fact, if I try using Windows Key + Q to access certain functions like the Troubleshooting section my clicks do not open them, so far I have had to navigate to them the long way round.

I've tried following a lot of the community posts dealing with these issues and either they do not solve my issues or there's overlap between the problems that stop me proceeding with the remedies (e.g. running Windows Update to fix drivers). Is there anything else to do besides a rollback? I'm concerned that if this is a documented issue that this could remanifest after a rollback.

Any help would be appreciated. I have checked on these pages and on Google and while I can see lots of separate reports on these issues I am yet a thread with quite this combination of problems. I'm frustrated that despite trying so many things to fix this nothing has worked, and in fact I seem to find more problems as I go.

:)

MK91TJ, Sep 9, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 9, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 9, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Audio Service, Windows Backup and Windows Update not working - Similar Threads - Audio Service Backup

2. audio services not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio services not working windows 10: Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-not-working-windows-10/76fb7155-faaa-451b-a186-421165ebb806
  3. audio services not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio services not working windows 10: Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-not-working-windows-10/76fb7155-faaa-451b-a186-421165ebb806
  4. audio services not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows-Audio service not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-Audio service not working: Hey,I have a problem with my PC, which I already mentioned in another ticket and I thought the Windows-Audio service might be the problem, because it was shown as an error in the event viewer. So I started the Windows-Audio service on the local system account, but now the...
  6. Windows-Audio service not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-Audio service not working: Hey,I have a problem with my PC, which I already mentioned in another ticket and I thought the Windows-Audio service might be the problem, because it was shown as an error in the event viewer. So I started the Windows-Audio service on the local system account, but now the...
  7. audio service is not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio service is not working windows 10: this is probably the 3rd time i get this problem in couple months now, this morning my pc was working fine, sound was working as always, now i got back home from work,open my pc and i see a red dot on my sound icon and its saying "audio service is not running" when i run the...
  8. window audio service is not working

window audio service is not working: there is no audio at all in my computer ***moved on english forum**** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-audio-service-is-not-working/ddc7219c-5374-4a4f-8c3f-17cc617f9f32
  9. Windows Audio Service not working,

Windows Audio Service not working,: Speaker icon with red 'x'. The problem is occurring to Standard users on multiple devices running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 and 1803. Dell is the manufacturer of all devices affected. The environment is Active Directory domain joined desktops and laptops. The quick fix is to...
  10. Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working

Windows Audio Service and audioendpointbuilder not working: Guys, we are facing a very weird situation here in the company where I work. Several machines that are using Windows 10 1709 or 1803 are with the audio service not working. We still don't know if the problem is a windows update or related to the driver provided by the...