Windows 10: Windows Audio service

Discus and support Windows Audio service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Nothing will play audio on my Windows 10 PC. I have done all the usual and recommended checks. The issue seems to be in Windows Audio service or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardHudson5, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Windows Audio service

Nothing will play audio on my Windows 10 PC. I have done all the usual and recommended checks. The issue seems to be in Windows Audio service or Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, or both, on log on. They are saying my password is invalid, but I don't know what the password should be. The default setting is hidden. Previously audio would play but no sound came out. Now audio services will not even begin e.g. on iTunes.

:)

RichardHudson5, Mar 2, 2021

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 2, 2021
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Windows Audio service

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Audio service

1. Windows Audio service - Similar Threads - Audio service

2. Windows Audio Service will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service will not start: My windows Audio Service is not running and will not start even when I got to the "Services" app and tell it to start. When I do this I get the error message "0x80070005 access denied," problem with that is that my account is the administrator for this PC and has the same...
  3. Windows Audio Service will not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service will not start: My windows Audio Service is not running and will not start even when I got to the "Services" app and tell it to start. When I do this I get the error message "0x80070005 access denied," problem with that is that my account is the administrator for this PC and has the same...
  4. Windows Audio Service will not start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dirac audio service stopped working everytime I open my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dirac audio service stopped working everytime I open my pc.: This is what it says in detail.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\diracservice.inf_amd64_57204270d57a0492\DiracAudSrv.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: DiracAudSrv.exeApplication Version:...
  6. Dirac audio service stopped working everytime I open my pc.

Dirac audio service stopped working everytime I open my pc.: This is what it says in detail.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\diracservice.inf_amd64_57204270d57a0492\DiracAudSrv.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: DiracAudSrv.exeApplication Version:...
  7. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  8. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  9. Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services: Hello i'm writing this in hope to be able to fix this issue that i have. I used the troubleshooting tool because i was hearing some popping/crackling inside my headphones while listening to music; the troubleshooting pointed out as an issue the " generic audio driver detected...
  10. Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services

Generic Audio driver detected and missing Windows Audio in services: Hello i'm writing this in hope to be able to fix this issue that i have. I used the troubleshooting tool because i was hearing some popping/crackling inside my headphones while listening to music; the troubleshooting pointed out as an issue the " generic audio driver detected...