Windows 10: Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared.

Discus and support Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New (3 month old) Asus laptop running Windows 10, all updates installed, Windows Defender antivirus (up to date). So a couple of days ago my audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bob--Ped, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bob--Ped Win User

Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared.

New (3 month old) Asus laptop running Windows 10, all updates installed, Windows Defender antivirus (up to date).

So a couple of days ago my audio started playing up. First & second time a reboot fixed it, now it seems to be permanently not working.

Simultaneously, Defender reported 3 times that it has spotted a threat (Trojan:Occamy.b) and quarantined it.

• I haven't downloaded anything from an unknown source and I'm always very careful anyway - only pdf, xlsx, csv, png, jpg and docx in the last few days
    • Occamy.b has been reported by Windows Defender in other situations - but a false alarm.
    • I ran a full virus scan to be on the safe side - no issues found

I've run the windows troubleshooter - which says that the audio service is not running.

Further searching help forums etc. led me to the following:

• In Task Manager --> Services" the audiosvr Windows Audio Service has status "stopping".
    • In "services.msc" the Windows Audio Service has same status "stopping". It won't respond to attempts to either start or stop.
    • in c:\windows\system32 the file audiosvr.exe is missing (associated .dll files are present)

In Defender, I deleted the first 2 quarantines, but restored the third. That doesn't seem to have fixed the issue though.

Any suggestions how I can get audio services running again please?

:)

Bob--Ped, Jul 12, 2018

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared.

audio services not responding

Hi David,

An outdated audio driver is one of the possible causes why the sound of your device is not working properly.

To troubleshoot your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box. Then type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services window. Locate Windows
      Audio
      and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services. Then check if their Status are Running and Startup type is Automatic.
    • Follow the series of troubleshooting steps on this
      link
    Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared.

1. Windows Audio Services audiosvr.exe has disappeared. - Similar Threads - Audio Services audiosvr

2. Windows Audio Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service has stopped working: Hello,In May I've got session hijacker malware on my PC. To make sure I got rid of it I formatted my disks and installed a fresh system Win 10 Home. Since then I'm dealing with a problem where the sound stops working and I can't launch any games or play music / videos.In the...
  3. Windows Audio Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service has stopped working: Hello,In May I've got session hijacker malware on my PC. To make sure I got rid of it I formatted my disks and installed a fresh system Win 10 Home. Since then I'm dealing with a problem where the sound stops working and I can't launch any games or play music / videos.In the...
  4. RIP Listener service has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RIP Listener service has disappeared: After the update of Windows 10 on 19.10.2021, I found, that the `RIP Listener` service has disappeared from the system. I tried to restore the system from the restore point, tried to remove updates - nothing helps. Then, I add the service back again with command of the...
  5. RIP Listener service has disappeared

RIP Listener service has disappeared: After the update of Windows 10 on 19.10.2021, I found, that the `RIP Listener` service has disappeared from the system. I tried to restore the system from the restore point, tried to remove updates - nothing helps. Then, I add the service back again with command of the...
  6. RIP Listener service has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Disappearing .exe file.

Disappearing .exe file.: I had written a c program and compiled got .exe file. I added the folder path to the environment path variable. After running the exe from the run command window it is disappearing? I don't know what is happening....
  8. Sshd service has disappeared

Sshd service has disappeared: I had a perfect ssh server set up on my windows laptop, and had a mobassh.exe file on a usb, for installing on another computer, but i accidentaly installed it in this one, and when i deleted the mobassh server, i saw that the windows one went down too. I tried the sshd...
  9. Exe file disappearing

Exe file disappearing: Hello I have downloaded a driver file from DevID.info DevlD_driverJnstaller_3447182106.exe for my Asus webcam which was not showing colour. I didn't have time to open it before it disappeared. I suspected a worm but Malwarebytes didn't find it. So where did it go and...
  10. Windows audio service missing / disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio service missing / disappeared: Today, I started my laptop and it crashed, when I restarted, the audio stopped working, with the following error: the Windows audio service is not activated, so I look for the services to restart it, but I did not find the windows audio service , after searching more I...