Windows 10: Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067

Discus and support Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have an issue on a brand new HP Omen laptop running Windows 11. I am using it out of the box for a few days only, but sound stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Johannes Loh, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067

Hi! I have an issue on a brand new HP Omen laptop running Windows 11. I am using it out of the box for a few days only, but sound stopped working completely today. The issue seems to be the Windows Audio Service not working. When I try to start the service, it throws "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly". I also do not think this is a driver issue, because all audio devices are not working.Also, sound seems to work fine when I boot up the machine. It plays the small "start up chime" before asking me to login.Any idea what to do here? Thanks and Best,Johannes

:)

Johannes Loh, Nov 28, 2023

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Windows 7 Ultimate Audio service

Audio service is not running in Windows 7 Ultimate error code 1067

NehaGuliani, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067

Windows Audio Service won't start - Error 1067

Hi,

The fixes you suggest do not work for my device. I have the same problem with error code and message. The troubleshooters apply fixes but I still have no sound. The Windows Audio service on Local Computer starts, then stops as soon as I attempted to play
    sound. I have the creators update installed. I use an Acer 5336. I checked the dependencies for the services relating to the Windows Audio services - they are running as normal!

Keith

keith HolmesWL, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067

1. Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067 - Similar Threads - Audio Services running

2. Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Services not running - Error 1067: Hi! I have an issue on a brand new HP Omen laptop running Windows 11. I am using it out of the box for a few days only, but sound stopped working completely today. The issue seems to be the Windows Audio Service not working. When I try to start the service, it throws "Error...
  3. Windows error 1067

Windows error 1067: Right now I have a service I need to run on my laptop. It suddenly stopped and I tried to start it manually but it didn't work and I kept getting error 1067. I found a solution which was to go to services properties and log in which fixed it but now it stopped again. When I...
  4. Windows error 1067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows error 1067: Right now I have a service I need to run on my laptop. It suddenly stopped and I tried to start it manually but it didn't work and I kept getting error 1067. I found a solution which was to go to services properties and log in which fixed it but now it stopped again. When I...
  5. Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...: Hi, all. Running Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1992 on an Acer Nitro AN517.Overnight, all audio devices stopped working. There was no restart or update or anything that I could find, though earlier in the day, an audio app from the manufacturer had been automatically...
  6. Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...

Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer Error 1067: the process...: Hi, all. Running Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1992 on an Acer Nitro AN517.Overnight, all audio devices stopped working. There was no restart or update or anything that I could find, though earlier in the day, an audio app from the manufacturer had been automatically...
  7. windows audio service not running error 193

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows audio service not running error 193: Dear all, My lenovo laptop (windows 10) has no audio, nothing works even Bluetooth connected devices don't receive sound. I have tried all obvious routes ie: deleting the drivers and re installing + powering the pc again In the Services.msc: Remote Procedure Call (RPC)...
  8. windows audio service not running error 193

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows audio service not running error 193: Dear all, My lenovo laptop windows 10 has no audio, nothing works even Bluetooth connected devices don't receive sound. In the Services.msc: Remote Procedure Call RPC and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder are running but not windows audio When I try to start the windows...
  9. Error: The Audio Service is not running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: The Audio Service is not running Windows 10: I think I found a resolution for this. It looks like the Anti-Virus program AVG was causing the issue. I disabled this program temporarily and restarted the PC to test and the audio service started ok. I reinstalled the Anti-Virus program and enabled it and it is no longer...
  10. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service - Error 1067

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service - Error 1067: I had Avast! Antivirus installed on this rig from when I built it mid-2016 up until now just a few weeks after the recent 1703 update. I no longer wanted Avast! Antivirus on my system so I uninstalled it (long story *Mad). Upon restarting my computer I figured I'd just turn...