Windows 10: Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.

Discus and support Windows audio services randomly switch on and off. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm getting quite frustrated here, so I'm hoping somebody can help ASAP. My laptop has never let me down before, and I always update it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TristanSD, Jul 5, 2019.

1. TristanSD Win User

Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.

I'm getting quite frustrated here, so I'm hoping somebody can help ASAP.

My laptop has never let me down before, and I always update it with the latest software. But just today, the audio started disabling itself randomly. I've tried restarting the system, re-installing the drive, I've looked everywhere online for an answer, and nothing. Nothing has changed. The audio still enables and disables itself whenever it feels like it.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

TristanSD, Jul 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 Audio Randomly Cuts Out

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined with specific browser, when you say online audio and video is not working?

2) Is the issue is confined with play online audio/video or with system audio as well?

3) Which exact Windows troubleshooter you have run?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have not performed audio troubleshooter then, I suggest you to perform audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Step 2: Set Windows Audio services as manual.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + r, type services.msc and hit Enter.

2) Check for the Windows Audio services.

3) Right click on the service and select Manual.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 5, 2019
  3. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Hi,

My first post on the forum as Ive had it with w10 and it randomly screwing up.

Yesterday I switch on my machine and notice the little red cross on the speaker and no sound.

when i run troubleshooter I get the "Audio services not responding" and no fix.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, and also restarting the services (Windows audio etc) but nothing worked.

How to fix Audio services not responding in windows 10 - Troubleshooter

I have also tried rolling back to a restore point (which was a palava in itself as I had the error with Windows Apps folder and needing me to rename it).

Im at a loss now. No idea wth is going on.

Any ideas or help would be great!

Thanks

Matt

miracleman, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows audio services randomly switch on and off.

1. Windows audio services randomly switch on and off. - Similar Threads - audio services randomly

2. PC randomly switches off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly switches off: Hi all,My PC is experiencing random shutdowns, it completely switches off at random points throughout the day as if the power went off.It's starting to become more frequent while working.I'm not sure how to debug this so any help with this would be appreciated!...
  3. PC randomly switches off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly switches off: Hi all,My PC is experiencing random shutdowns, it completely switches off at random points throughout the day as if the power went off.It's starting to become more frequent while working.I'm not sure how to debug this so any help with this would be appreciated!...
  4. PC randomly switches off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly: Hello, so since I came back from my holidays 1 week the Windows-Audio Service keeps randomly shutting off for no reason. But often when a new sound comes in, like when I switch to a twitch livestream or to another youtube video or when I stop/play spotify. But also very...
  6. Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly

Windows-Audio keeps shutting off randomly: Hello, so since I came back from my holidays 1 week the Windows-Audio Service keeps randomly shutting off for no reason. But often when a new sound comes in, like when I switch to a twitch livestream or to another youtube video or when I stop/play spotify. But also very...
  7. Windows 11 extended display randomly switches off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 extended display randomly switches off.: I have a Windows 11 Helios 300 laptop with an Nvidia 2060.It was working fine with an extended display but recently the extended display randomly turns on and off. If I set it to duplicate this stops. The only fix I have is restarting the laptop but then again after some...
  8. Windows 11 extended display randomly switches off.

Windows 11 extended display randomly switches off.: I have a Windows 11 Helios 300 laptop with an Nvidia 2060.It was working fine with an extended display but recently the extended display randomly turns on and off. If I set it to duplicate this stops. The only fix I have is restarting the laptop but then again after some...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop switches off randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Laptop switches off randomly: So uh I'm facing this particular problem where my laptop just switches off that's right no shutting down signal just directly OFF with a beep sound. When I use my laptop with a charger it works fine but when I'm using it on battery it switches off after an hour or more, can...
  10. Audio switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio switching off: I use an HDMI hub with 5 output ports to view on a Samsumg 55 inch Smart TV One port from the PC One from Cable Box One from Firestick One from Xbox 1 Fifth port unused My problem is, that when I switch from Windows 10, to any of the other devices, the audio on the PC...