Windows 10: Windows Audio stuck at "stopping"

Discus and support Windows Audio stuck at "stopping" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound are not working on my computer. Windows Audio is stuck at stopping, with no option to either "restart", "start" or "stop it". Need help to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkusLeander, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Windows Audio stuck at "stopping"

Sound are not working on my computer. Windows Audio is stuck at stopping, with no option to either "restart", "start" or "stop it". Need help to get it to run.

I have tried restarting my computer, and its still stuck at "stopping".

The setting is set to start automatically when the computer starts.

:)

MarkusLeander, Jan 21, 2021

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2021
  3. windows audio stuck at "stopping"

Service status of Windows Audio is stuck at "stopping" with no option to start, restart, stop. Please advise how to get it to status "running" again. Thanks.

Helpnosound, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Windows Audio stuck at "stopping"

audio stopped working, windows 10

upgraded to windows 10 by reservation few days ago... compatibility test result was fine... audio stopped working all of a sudden... tried upgrading the driver software in device manager
    but in vain... also tried these methods suggested by Microsoft help community... but the audio is still not working, neither speakers nor headphones

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer and check if the issue persists

gomo_vivek, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Audio stuck at "stopping"

1. Windows Audio stuck at "stopping" - Similar Threads - Audio stuck stopping

2. How to fix windows audio from being stuck on "Stopping"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix windows audio from being stuck on "Stopping": My com recently crashed and after restarted it, then my discord and Tarkov couldnt run so i had to uninstall, but there was a weird error so i fac reset the com. but now The Window Audio service is not working, I tried restarting it but the thing doesnt respond. Can someone...
  3. How to fix windows audio from being stuck on "Stopping"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix windows audio from being stuck on "Stopping": My com recently crashed and after restarted it, then my discord and Tarkov couldnt run so i had to uninstall, but there was a weird error so i fac reset the com. but now The Window Audio service is not working, I tried restarting it but the thing doesnt respond. Can someone...
  4. windows audio stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows audio stuck at "stopping": Window audio stuck on "stopping" pls helpits also not showing any of my devices now that audio stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-stuck-at-stopping/cc49757a-41a2-4064-b785-d0031eb2749e
  5. windows audio stuck at "stopping"

windows audio stuck at "stopping": Window audio stuck on "stopping" pls helpits also not showing any of my devices now that audio stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-stuck-at-stopping/cc49757a-41a2-4064-b785-d0031eb2749e
  6. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  7. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  8. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping": Sound stopped. Normal checks did not help. Went into services. Widows audio stuck at "stopping" How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-windows-audio-is-stuck-at-stopping/ae8e6930-ed91-4b54-bba5-be39139a6b63
  10. i stopped my windows audio and it is stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Customization
    i stopped my windows audio and it is stuck at "stopping": it has been two nights that i kept on losing the audio to my laptop. it has been a hassle. i fixed it last time and the audio came back but last night when i connected my headset via bluetooth, there is no audio. i already restarted my laptop thrice and still no audio. so i...