Windows 10: Windows Audio suddenly not working

Discus and support Windows Audio suddenly not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last night, as I shut down my computer, Windows started to update itself. When I turned it on today, it finished the updates. Now my audio doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dospraline, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows Audio suddenly not working

Last night, as I shut down my computer, Windows started to update itself. When I turned it on today, it finished the updates. Now my audio doesn't work. It's always on mute. When I click on the volume in the taskbar, it detects problems, and says "One or more audio service isn't running" and "Not fixed."

I went to the Services app, to attempt to Restart "Windows Audio," but that's greyed out. When I try to Start it, a message pops up saying "Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 0x80070005: Access is denied."

Why is this happening? Everything was fine before the update, but I guess it's possibly a coincidence? Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks!

:)

Dospraline, Sep 11, 2019

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Windows Audio suddenly not working

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Audio suddenly not working

1. Windows Audio suddenly not working - Similar Threads - Audio suddenly working

2. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  3. Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio suddenly stops working: I've recently been having the issue of;Connecting my bluetooth headphones to the laptop -- goes well, no problem, says "Connected, Audio" next to the headphones in bluetooth settings.Play some videos, games, music, etc.. go about my day -- goes well, no problem, headphones...
  4. Audio suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio suddenly not working: I was playing a game, when suddenly my audio cut off. I thought it was a problem with the game, so I tried playing some music, but nothing came out. When i restarted my laptop, there was an icon on the taskbar saying : 'No audio device is installed'.I can't get it to run in...
  5. Audio suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio suddenly not working: I was playing a game, when suddenly my audio cut off. I thought it was a problem with the game, so I tried playing some music, but nothing came out. When i restarted my laptop, there was an icon on the taskbar saying : 'No audio device is installed'.I can't get it to run in...
  6. Audio Suddenly Won't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Suddenly Won't Work: I logged onto my computer today and it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in which is simply not true. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-suddenly-wont-work/5e429015-e105-4d44-9398-aa9b673e1e32
  7. Audio suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio suddenly stopped working: Audio on Media Player & apps is gone. Reinstalled drivers, no change. Did hear a faint, high-pitched beep during auto-scan in troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-suddenly-stopped-working/243747e9-941d-49ff-9566-b2a29a855d5f
  8. audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio service suddenly stopped working windows 10: this is probably the 3rd time i get this problem in some time now, this morning my pc was working fine, sound was working as always, now i got back home from work,open my pc and i see a red dot on my sound icon and its saying "audio service is not running" when i run the...
  9. Audio suddenly not working!?

Audio suddenly not working!?: I log into my computer today to discover no audio out of nowhere. I've tried everything and looked everywhere (including other forums on this site and others). Out of desperation, I created an account and am posting here to see if anyone can get me help specifically tailored...
  10. Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working: I'm feeling a bit desperate which is why I'm posting here in the hope someone might be able to help. Yesterday I noticed the audio playback on my PC was strange, some things were playing as if from a far off distance, other sounds weren't playing at all. Then this morning I...