Windows 10: Windows Audio Too Quiet

Discus and support Windows Audio Too Quiet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem started a few months ago. All of a sudden, my audio got really quiet, even on the loudest settings I could bring it. I have searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by suryc99, Mar 26, 2020.

1. suryc99 Win User

Windows Audio Too Quiet

This problem started a few months ago. All of a sudden, my audio got really quiet, even on the loudest settings I could bring it. I have searched countless websites for a solution, but nothing worked. At first, I could fix it by uninstalling my audio driver and restarting, but now even that doesn't work. I have tried:

• Reinstalling Realtek audio driver
    • Updating the driver
    • Using old versions of Realtek
    • Using the default windows high definition audio driver
    • Turning on the equalizer enhancement
    • Turning my volume all the way up
    • Switching to a different output Headphones
    • Turning on Spatial Sound
    • Disabling communication noise reduction
    • Updating Windows
    • Reinstalling Windows
    • Reinstalling all drivers the motherboard recommends

My specs:

• AMD Ryzen 3 2200G - CPU
    • 16 GB - RAM
    • B450I GAMING PLUS AC - MOBO
    • AMD Radeon RX 570 - GPU

I am also using Windows 10 Pro version 19041.172

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

suryc99, Mar 26, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

Hi, I find this interesting (in a warped, twisted sort of way *Wink)
    Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10 - Windows Help -

Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10

Applies to Windows 10
    Quiet Hours are times of day when you don't want to be disturbed by notifications. How to set them up:

• 1. Click the Action Center icon on the taskbar.
    • 2. Click Quiet hours.
      3. Set your Quiet Hours.
    The last (3) seems to suggest there is a setting - but as you - and others- have observed it seems to be just an on/off button now.

E.g.
    Windows 10: No scheduled Quiet Hours? - Windows Central Forums
    I've not seen Quiet hours on, so can't comment on your other query, sorry.

dalchina, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Audio Too Quiet

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Audio Too Quiet

1. Windows Audio Too Quiet - Similar Threads - Audio Too Quiet

2. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  3. Quiet Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  4. Quiet Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  5. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  6. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  7. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  8. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  9. Sound is too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is too quiet: I have a problem with sound. It is too quiet and I can't make it louder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-quiet/f8a99e8a-db8b-44f1-802e-8f101863c930
  10. Windows 10 microphone too quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 microphone too quiet.: Hello. I don't remember when exactly but my microphone is barely picking up my voice. Only place where it still catches my voice is teamspeak. But in game parties and when I'm checking the the microphone settings - it barely shows any sound input. I tried getting headset and...