Windows 10: Windows Audit Log

Discus and support Windows Audit Log in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I work as a Security Analyst, I have been going through the windows logs of a client organization. Where there's a lot of login success event at off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sjt-17053, Jul 14, 2019.

1. sjt-17053 Win User

Windows Audit Log

I work as a Security Analyst, I have been going through the windows logs of a client organization. Where there's a lot of login success event at off times. I would like to know, how to differentiate between a login attempt is an actual login or just some services getting login privileges windows?

:)

sjt-17053, Jul 14, 2019

2. Audit Success logs

I can disable windows log services but when i disable it my networking stops working, i can not see any wireless network nor connect any. I also tried deleting all the logs but my windows creates these useless audit success logs again.

Hope i there is a solution to stop these audit logs at all.

By the way i am using windows 10 home if it helps.

SukruKorkmaz09, Jul 14, 2019
  3. homer_3 Win User
    Q about audit logs

When setting up audit logging under Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Advanced Audit Policy Configuration -> System Audit Policies -> Logon/Logoff -> Audit Account Lockout, if I enable the Success option, how does this log get triggered? When
    an account is locked out, a failure event is fired under the Account Locked category. But when an account is unlocked, an event is fired under the User Account Management category. How would a successful account lockout event get fired? What would that even
    be?

homer_3, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Windows Audit Log

Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Audit Log

1. Windows Audit Log - Similar Threads - Audit Log

2. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on: About 6 months ago I was being stupid messing with the Security audit log on my local device. Somehow I disabled Security audit logging and I can not find from any documentation to turn it back on. Can anyone help me?This is the properties page of the log: And this is the...
  3. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on: About 6 months ago I was being stupid messing with the Security audit log on my local device. Somehow I disabled Security audit logging and I can not find from any documentation to turn it back on. Can anyone help me?This is the properties page of the log: And this is the...
  4. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Excessive "Audit Success" log events for event ID 5061 and 5058

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive "Audit Success" log events for event ID 5061 and 5058: I'm getting these 2 event IDs logged every 5 seconds in my Security log on Windows 11 Pro.This seems excessive. Also unsure why this is happening like clockwork, regardless what I'm doing on my laptop.Anyone else seeing this? Wondering whether I can/need to update my Audit...
  6. Excessive "Audit Success" log events for event ID 5061 and 5058

Excessive "Audit Success" log events for event ID 5061 and 5058: I'm getting these 2 event IDs logged every 5 seconds in my Security log on Windows 11 Pro.This seems excessive. Also unsure why this is happening like clockwork, regardless what I'm doing on my laptop.Anyone else seeing this? Wondering whether I can/need to update my Audit...
  7. User lock outs - Audit failures on Secuirty log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User lock outs - Audit failures on Secuirty log: Hello,Several users at my job are getting locked out of their account due to too many login attempts even though they are claiming to have not attempted to log in for hours.The security log shows an 'audit failure' with the device listed as our domain controller. I've also...
  8. User lock outs - Audit failures on Secuirty log

User lock outs - Audit failures on Secuirty log: Hello,Several users at my job are getting locked out of their account due to too many login attempts even though they are claiming to have not attempted to log in for hours.The security log shows an 'audit failure' with the device listed as our domain controller. I've also...
  9. User lock outs - Audit failures on Secuirty log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Event logs Audit Failure tracking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event logs Audit Failure tracking: Hi guys,Today when i was inspecting security event logs at active directory server i realised we are recieving constant password brute force attacks from different user accounts.Usernames were seeming to be coming from a rainbow table as; Jessie, Jaxon, Clare...so onSource...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audit logs

2. windows audit log id

3. windows audit log

4. windows audit log full,
  5. windows audit log is full