Windows 10: Windows Audit Log

Discus and support Windows Audit Log in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I work as a Security Analyst, I have been going through the windows logs of a client organization. Where there's a lot of login success event at off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sjt-17053, Jul 14, 2019.

1. sjt-17053 Win User

Windows Audit Log

I work as a Security Analyst, I have been going through the windows logs of a client organization. Where there's a lot of login success event at off times. I would like to know, how to differentiate between a login attempt is an actual login or just some services getting login privileges windows?

:)

sjt-17053, Jul 14, 2019

2. Audit Success logs

I can disable windows log services but when i disable it my networking stops working, i can not see any wireless network nor connect any. I also tried deleting all the logs but my windows creates these useless audit success logs again.

Hope i there is a solution to stop these audit logs at all.

By the way i am using windows 10 home if it helps.

SukruKorkmaz09, Jul 14, 2019
  3. homer_3 Win User
    Q about audit logs

When setting up audit logging under Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Advanced Audit Policy Configuration -> System Audit Policies -> Logon/Logoff -> Audit Account Lockout, if I enable the Success option, how does this log get triggered? When
    an account is locked out, a failure event is fired under the Account Locked category. But when an account is unlocked, an event is fired under the User Account Management category. How would a successful account lockout event get fired? What would that even
    be?

homer_3, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Windows Audit Log

Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Audit Log

1. Windows Audit Log - Similar Threads - Audit Log

2. Microphone Privacy causing Audition issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Privacy causing Audition issues: Audition was barely running tonight... sampling only every few seconds of audio from my external mic. I found that if I turn OFF "Allow Apps to Access Your Microphone", it works just perfectly. But if I turn ON "Allow Apps to Access Your Microphone" and turn all the apps...
  3. Audit Success event id 4798 loging every minute

in Windows 10 Support
    Audit Success event id 4798 loging every minute: Hello, what could be cause of this ? [img] Every minute I see this event and every minute my desktop icons blinks YouTube YouTube YouTube How can I fix this problem? 137657
  4. Stopping Xbox pop ups when opening Adobe Audition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Xbox pop ups when opening Adobe Audition: Greetings. I work as an audio editor at a radio station. I was recently forced to update to windows 10. Now, ever time I open up Adobe Audition, I get a Windows Pop Up asking if I want to 1. record my video game 2. Do you want to broadcast it. I've just spent 45...
  5. White icons when new user signs in after coming out of audit mode on windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White icons when new user signs in after coming out of audit mode on windows 10.: I am having trouble with several machines that have white icons and the inability to use windows file explorer after a new user signs in. The admin accounts I use are all fine and work. It seems non admin users get white icons and can not use many features inside windows 10....
  6. iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061: on all my computers i'm seeing an audit security log error 5061 it appears to be an iPhone certificate error found by "certutil -store -user my" I looked at the with certificate manger and certificates and it looks ok I don't have an iPhone but I did install iTunes. does...
  7. Q about audit logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Q about audit logs: When setting up audit logging under Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Advanced Audit Policy Configuration -> System Audit Policies -> Logon/Logoff -> Audit Account Lockout, if I enable the Success option, how does this log get triggered? When an account is locked...
  8. Security Log Audit Failures 5127

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Log Audit Failures 5127: Access Denied or to whom ever can shed some light on this issue, Here we go, a little more information on what is going on with this one machine on my home network. I have restarted all the services. In a previous post I uninstalled all the Google sync stuff which fixed the...
  9. How to exit System Audit Mode without CMD or Logging in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to exit System Audit Mode without CMD or Logging in: My Windows 10 laptop won't boot from my USB sticks. I have 2 bootable sticks, one created via the official Microsoft Media Creation tool, the other one via Rufus. I tested both on another laptop and it was able to boot fine from them. I'm trying to trace back to what I did...
  10. Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles: Recently I lost an entire folder full of folders and files and as of right now I still don't know what happened. I have re-created the folder and starting re-adding the files in it but I'd like to turn on auditing for the folder, to include all objects in the folder. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audit log